Senior Software Engineer - Risk
Understanding a merchant’s future potential is critical to Shopify’s unfolding vision. Traditional commerce systems focus on risk, but Shopify cares about the full spectrum of value. The Risk team at Shopify is responsible for building the scalable systems that detect and prevent fraud for our merchants and their customers. They build automated systems that scale machine learning to analyze customer behaviour, incoming orders and financial transactions.
We’re looking for Software Engineers to continue building and scaling this system. The Risk team makes the product as resilient as possible, making it easy for merchants to make commerce better. We need to provide each merchant with the right services and the right level of support in order to help each of them be successful.
You and your team will design and implement backend and infrastructure systems that use the full range of data available to Shopify to assess risk to our merchants. Your team will be responsible for growing the development team to enable Shopify and merchants to reach their full potential.
What you’ll need to have to tackle this role:
- Awesome programming skills
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or the desire to learn it quickly
- Ability to learn new languages, software, frameworks and APIs
- A strong commitment to quality
- High motivation in improving your skills as well as of the members of your team
It’d be pretty cool if you had:
- Experience with developing high scale, high availability systems
- Experience working in Risk/Fraud protection
- Experience with Python. We usually don't code in Python but being able to read it would be an asset
How to Apply📄 ➡️ 📬 If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of payments and commerce, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Rodrigo.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.