About the role
Shopify Support is a team of over 1500 hard-working and dedicated individuals committed to providing high quality service, business growth advice, and platform guidance to our merchants. Our mission is to make commerce better for everyone. Supporting our merchants in their business success is what we do everyday.
The Support Revenue and Analytics team is a cross-functional team linking together all the different functional groups within Support both strategically and operationally to propose and evaluate new service offerings, operational effectiveness, and merchant growth initiatives.
As a Senior Analyst on this team you’ll be identifying process opportunities, operational blindspots, service level value analysis, and optimization and automation advancements. Using a combination of strong business acumen and data analytics, you’ll work directly with senior leadership, data science, support tooling and infrastructure, knowledge management, workforce planning and many other teams to help map out and implement solutions to help our business improve.
This is a relatively new team so you'll have the opportunity to play a strong role in the direction of the team culture. You'll love this opportunity if you enjoy a high-trust environment with spirited debate. Your thirst for knowledge is insatiable - you're naturally curious about technology, business, how things work, and you understand that learning is a lifelong pursuit. You thrive in an environment with high levels of autonomy and flexibility, and you navigate well within a quickly changing and often ambiguous environment. You hold yourself and your coworkers to high professional standards but also understand how to communicate those standards in a productive way. Finally, while you enjoy large scope and long-term projects, you also love scrappy and reactive firefighting.
If this sounds like you, read on to learn more about the responsibilities and requirements of the role!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing all existing and future processes for our Support team and identifying operational leakage and broken systems
- Looking at and understanding the total picture of the support organization and business to help stakeholders understand what their options are, being able to talk about tradeoffs between options and projects, and the values of each
- Helping define service design that balances the needs of merchants, employees, and the business
- Analyzing historical and current trending performance and helping identify opportunities to optimize based on topic type, time sinks, etc.
- Working with our tooling and data teams to help build long-term solutions that allow the business to operate effectively
- Uncovering automation opportunities and working with relevant stakeholders to build solutions.
- Identifying opportunities for coaching/training and working with key members of our leadership team to better support our workforce
- Understanding, developing, and reporting on the health of our frontline operations from a performance, effectiveness, and optimized standpoint
Requirements for the role:
- A strong command of SQL programming
- Experience in business analysis; employing techniques such as interviewing, observation, surveying and more
- A strong sense of integrity and to do what's right for the company
- Well structured and thorough documentation skills
- Ability to tell a story with data, visually and verbally, to guide conversations with business managers
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, project management, and designing creative solutions to unique challenges
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - you communicate clearly, concisely and with tact
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and maturity
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills - you are able to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong math and research skills, ability to collect, report and analyze data with exceptional attention to detail
- Grit: you are conscientious, resilient, and dedicated to achieving excellence and driving results
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills - ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines and address challenges in a collaborative team environment
- Note: If some of this tech new to you, that’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job
- 2+ years experience in high growth B2B SaaS technology Business Operations or management consulting experience
- Experience with mathematical statistics
- Have actively mentored colleagues in roles junior to you
If you're interested, please include a cover letter addressed to Evan and let us know why this is the role for you? Detail some of your relevant experience, and let us know a bit about why you're interested in working with Shopify!
Closing date: Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Technical Writer||Customer Support||Ottawa, Canada|