About the role
Shopify is hiring Senior Technical Product Managers across all of our product teams!
Product management at Shopify is a central, hands-on role. You’ll work with Engineering, UX, and other cross-functional teams to decide what products we build to solve complex merchant problems. Technical Product Managers are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are curious, passionate, and entrepreneurial. They have founded their own companies, launched successful products, and established a track record of getting things done at scale.
You could be who we are searching for if you have:
- A combination of two (2) years of experience as a Technical Product Manager and at least three (3) years of experience in a technical role, such as software engineering or development at modern tech, consumer-facing app, and/or SaaS companies.
- Experience defining, building, and shipping complex, technical products at scale.
- Experience collaborating with and inspiring designers, developers, marketers, and customers in an agile environment.
- Experience creating and iterating technical product roadmaps.
- Experience facilitating technical discussions about products and features and providing feedback and inputs for technical designs.
- Ability to define and prioritize multiple initiatives while working cross-functionally and managing complex, technical and non-technical stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work across multiple products aligning on goals and deliverables.
- Genuine user empathy and passion for solving their most complex problems with the products you ship.
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done.
- A talent for storytelling.
Nice to have:
- Experience with APIs, SDKs, and/or building for developers or developer platforms.
- Computer Science or other technical post-secondary education.
- Coding experience or technical knowledge of coding languages.
- Experience building and shipping products in the ecommerce space.
- Founder and/or startup experience.
Shopify is growing! This posting will remain published as we hire for multiple teams.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Product Lead, Shopify Fulfillment Network (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead, Shopify Markets (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead, Merchant Experience (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead, Ecosystem Quality & Trust (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Manager, Shopify Logistics (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Lead, Search - SHOP (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Technical Product Lead (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Technical Product Lead (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|