About the role
Shopify is hiring Senior Technical Product Managers for our various product teams!
Shopify is hiring Senior Technical Product Managers for our various product teams! Product management at Shopify is a central, hands-on role. You’ll work with Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. Product managers are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are curious, passionate, and entrepreneurial. They have founded their own companies, taken products to market, and established a track record of getting things done at scale.
You'll get to:
- Build and ship products our merchants need to start, grow, and scale their businesses.
- Communicate with development teams in technical details, understand the implications of certain choices, and make trade-offs in complexity, depth or even timelines.
- Prioritize and plan products based on company and stakeholder mission and values.
- Create and iterate upon the product roadmap and technical product requirements.
- Collaborate with engineers, UX, and other teams on the best way to implement products.
You could be just who we're searching for if you have:
- A combination of at least three (3) years of software engineering or development experience and at least two (2) years of direct product management experience building and shipping products, preferably for high-tech and/or SaaS companies.
- A track record of solving user problems and demonstrating user empathy in the products you have built and shipped.
- Experience facilitating technical discussions about products and features.
- Experience providing feedback and inputs for technical and architectural designs.
- The ability to distill technical concepts to business users and vice versa.
- Ability to define and prioritize product initiatives while working cross-functionally, and managing complex stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects aligning on goals and output.
Other 'great to have' qualities:
- Experience with APIs and building for developers, or developer platforms.
- Entrepreneurial - you have worked in a start-up environment, started your own business, or built and shipped your own products.
- Experience building products in the ecommerce space.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is Digital by Default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
As there are multiple positions, this posting will remain live until all positions have been filled.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Product Lead, Shopify Markets (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Lead, Commerce Algorithms (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead/Senior Product Lead, Multiple Teams (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|