About the role
REMOTE - AMERICAS
Shopify receives millions of unique visitors each month and serves billions of requests per day. Our Trust Systems team, part of the broader Security & Trust Team here at Shopify, makes sure we provide a trustworthy commerce platform for our 2+ Million merchants each and every day. Learn more about the team here.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager on the Trust Systems team, you'll be a part of a highly adaptable team embedded in Engineering. You will be responsible for successfully managing and delivering new security and privacy initiatives, working with a group of talented security experts. Resourcefulness is key - you’ll need to quickly gather context on our programs, tooling and technology to be able to successfully navigate teams through project deployments within the expected timelines and while delivering high quality results.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing multiple concurrent projects aligned to our security and privacy programs
- Working with internal teams to establish agreements with third party vendors
- Writing project briefs and updates that support transparency of work
- Conducting planning sessions with internal and external parties to define project goals and deliverables
- Creating and managing project timelines
- Finding creative ways to keep teams informed of and focused on upcoming deliverables and priorities
- Recording decisions and following up on actions
- Identifying risks early and engaging those required to respond quickly
- Managing and communicating project status regularly, using data where possible to represent progress
- Creating strong, trusted relationships with all project stakeholders
- Working independently to identify and solve problems with minimal direction
- Conducting project retros
- Suggesting changes to the project deployment process to achieve greater efficiency
This role is for you if you have:
- Experience working in security or engineering projects or teams
- Experience developing best practices and processes around project delivery
- Passion for documenting strategy and approach
- Ability to create and maintain trusted relationships
- Ability to drive focus to achieve short term and long term goals
- Strong desire to organize work with a keen eye for seeing dependencies across multiple work deliverables
- Love for new challenges and solving complex problems
- Experience working in a flexible environment with minimal process
- Strong leadership, diplomacy and motivational skills
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with Github
- Familiarity with GCP, Okta, or Jamf
- Experience deploying security, privacy, or IT projects at scale
If you want to help Shopify shape the future of commerce, hit the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you! We are looking forward to reading your application!
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Infrastructure Security Engineering/Development Manager (Remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Manager, Fraud Operations||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Senior Application Security Engineer (EST)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Infrastructure Security Engineer||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Manager, Application Security Engineering (Remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Engineering Program Manager - Trust Assurance, Compliance (remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Engineering Program Manager - Zero Trust Security (Remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Privacy Engineering Program Manager - Trust Partnerships (remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Engineering Program Manager - Trust Partnerships (Remote, Americas)||Trust and Security||Americas|
|Security Team Lead, Shopify Plus - Trust Partnerships (Remote, North America)||Trust and Security||Americas|