About the role
Shopify empowers more than 1 million merchants from all over the world to succeed at entrepreneurship. We're with our merchants each step of the way to help them start, and scale their businesses while allowing them to sell through numerous channels. Our mission is ambitious, and that means we need to hire great people so we can make commerce better for everyone.
If you are driven by new challenges, hustle and great growth opportunities this is the place to be! Our overall mission is simple: Make commerce better for everyone, everywhere. As a recruiter in Shopify we recruit the best people for the right role in Shopify at the right time. Now we are looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to join our growing team in Berlin!
- Developing and maintaining strong business partnerships with hiring managers; Understanding their pain points, motivations, business context, and the roles required to build their teams.
- Identifying, engaging, and selecting the best candidates for Shopify's required needs.
- Doing research and sourcing to build diverse candidate pipelines and facilitating world class candidate experiences.
- Conducting training of hiring managers on bias, interviews and hiring process.
- Conducting in person, video, and phone interviews.
- Conducting application screening and vetting calls together with recommending and managing short-list interviews, recap discussions, and offer processes.
- Seeing the people you’ve hired have a positive impact in their new role
- High attention to detail both with people and process. You’re able to pick up on nuance, ask excellent questions and plan accordingly. You understand why the details matter when it comes to a person’s experience of a service.
- Passion for taking a human-centred approach in everything you do and providing a stellar candidate experience.
- Strong knowledge and no stranger to sourcing and sourcing tools (x-ray to LinkedIn) and innovative ideas of how to identify, approach and engage the best candidates.
- Genuine curiosity about people and their careers. You have a desire to listen more than talk.
- A commitment to lifelong learning.
- A highly organized approach. You are able to capture, maintain, organize and juggle priorities in an often chaotic environment.
- A builder’s mindset and a track record of owning problems and caring about how they get solved.
- Experience building high-trust relationships.
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy. You set your own quality bar high.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Katie is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
This posting will close Friday April 3rd at 4 pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.