About the role
Shopify’s International Growth team’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone... everywhere! Making Shopify better for merchants around the world brings deeply interesting UX challenges across language, behaviours, currency & trade, and ultimately, culture. We’re on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly and collaborative environment. If this sounds familiar, we’d love to hear from you.
About this role:
As a Senior UX Designer at Shopify Singapore, you will have a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants in APAC. You will help us build real connections with merchants, and bring these insights into product teams across Shopify. You will work with a multidisciplinary UX team of product designers, content strategists, user researchers, and front-end developers to deliver the best possible experience for our merchants around the world.
Want to learn more about our UX team? Check out the links below!
You’ll need to have:
- Experience designing and shipping product experiences for international audiences, with a focus on Asia Pacific countries.
- Previous experience owning and executing on UX designs through collaborative decision making with product managers, front-end developers, engineers, researchers, and other disciplines.
- A passion about building tailored experiences across a diverse set of languages and cultures.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including personas, scenarios, wireframing, content modeling, prototyping, user research, and design systems.
- A love for solving complex product problems with simple design solutions.
- Experience working and collaborating with remote team members.
- Extraordinary UI design abilities that can be demonstrated through current projects.
Projects you will work on:
- Ensuring our platform considers regional merchant needs across language, culture, and local commerce behaviours.
- Working with other teams at Shopify to build a deep understanding and consideration of merchant needs around the world.
- Evolving the look and feel of Shopify to be relevant in priority markets as we scale; with the discipline to think locally and act globally.
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform by representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions.
- Contributing to our growing design system of patterns in an effort to cultivate a cohesive look, feel, and user experience across the entire Shopify platform.
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback
How to apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, Dribble, Behance, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Jennifer is looking forward to reading your application.
|Senior UX Researcher, International Growth||UX and Design||Singapore|