About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plans to slow down. UX Developers are an integral part of our UX team and bridge the gap between UX and Engineering. They are responsible for building and maintaining exceptional user experiences for over a million merchants — and their customers — worldwide. Along with creating the thoughtful interfaces our users have come to expect, our UX Developers help shape our design language and contribute to our shared component libraries in a maintainable and scalable way within Shopify’s technical architecture.
We’re looking for people to join the team who are excited about building human-centred experiences. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business.
Relevant experience for the role:
- Expertise in building user interfaces that are interactive, inclusive, performant, and reusable
- Knowledge about modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid, feature queries
- An understanding of HTML semantics and ARIA roles, and knowing their correct application
- Expertise in building modular, reusable, flexible components and accessible interfaces. Especially with React.
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to prototype early concepts to vet ideas
- Collaborating on new technologies and processes within a company or community
- Awareness of web accessibility and empathy for building products for people with different abilities and needs
- Experience building marketing assets using modern frameworks
- Build accessible, responsive, performant experiences and educate others on why this matters
- Build high-quality interactions for various inputs/outputs like touch, mouse, keyboard, display, and screen reader that focus on allowing users to achieve their intended goals
- Break down designs into reusable components and separate concerns between layout and elements
- Build inclusive experiences that aim to be available to everyone, everywhere in the world, regardless of language, device, or network speed
- Work with large data structures to build performant user interfaces
- Learn the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Collaborate with designers, content strategists, UX researchers, developers, product managers and marketing managers
- Be an advocate throughout the company for great UX
- Learn through peer mentorship and collaboration
- Managing an open source library
- Experience in a UX development role on a commerce site, or a marketing site promoting a product or service
- Experience with product design systems
- Experience with Typescript
You'll be working with...
As a Senior UX Developer, you’ll be working with the Shipping Services product line. We’re all about making shipping and fulfillment easier and affordable for our merchants. Whether they’re just starting up or scaling out, we allow our merchants to ship confidently with simplified tools.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Closing date: Tuesday, May 26th at 4pm EST
|Senior Marketing UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Software Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Director of Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Web Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Development Manager - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Staff Developer - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Technical Program Manager - Shopify Shipping||Engineering and Development||Americas, Canada|
|Staff Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|RnD Learning Program Specialist||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Mobile Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Hawaii)||Engineering and Development||Americas, United States|
|Senior UX Developer, Plus||Engineering and Development||Americas|