About the role
We’re looking for people to join our Checkout Platform team who are excited about building human-centred experiences. The Checkout Platform team works on the technical foundation of Shopify Checkout, the crucial final step of a buyer’s journey on a merchant’s store. As a Senior UX Developer, you will have a hand in building out the Checkout design system, and work closely with the UX team to build interactive, inclusive, performant and reusable user interfaces that will improve user experience for over 1 million merchants - and their buyers - worldwide.
Our Montreal office is growing, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business.
- A deep expertise in UX development as a craft
- Solid understanding of modern CSS language features, and building maintainable and scalable CSS
- Expertise in HTML semantics and ARIA roles, and their correct application
- Expertise in web accessibility with empathy for building products for people with different abilities and needs
- Experience with type systems (Typescript, Flow)
- Demonstrable experience working on large products
- Expertise in building modular, reusable and flexible components
- Working on end-to-end iterative UX product design projects, with awareness of common practices such as user research techniques, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, and user testing
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigm
You’ll get to do things like:
- Build interactive, inclusive, performant, and reusable user interfaces
- Collaborate in a cross-discipline team to build new Checkout experiences as well as extensions like Subscriptions
- Build out a UI component library as part of our design system
- Work with other teams to build cohesive purchase journeys
- Learn the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Be an advocate throughout the company for great UX
- Learn full stack and front end development through peer mentorship and collaboration
- Educate, scale, or collaborate on new techniques, technologies, and processes within your direct team and larger UX group
- Experience in a UX development role in a SaaS company
- Experience with design systems
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date: Monday November 25 at 3 pm ET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.