About the role
We’re looking for people to join the Online Experience team who are excited about building human-centred experiences. The Online Experience team is focused on building storefront features for online shoppers across the world, and improve the quality of shopping experiences on our platform. As a UX Developer on our team, you will own the front-end integration of the new features we develop in our first party themes, helping to craft shopping experiences that are performant, accessible, and intuitive. Moreover, you will contribute to the development of Liquid, the templating language used in Shopify theme development.
There are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business.
- Expertise in building user interfaces that are interactive, inclusive, performant, and reusable
- Knowledge about modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid, feature queries
- An understanding of HTML semantics and ARIA roles, and knowing their correct application
- Expertise in building modular, reusable, flexible components and accessible interfaces
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to prototype early concepts to vet ideas
- Collaborating on new technologies and processes within a company or community
- Awareness of web accessibility and empathy for building products for people with different abilities and needs.
You’ll get to do things like:
- Build new features for the Storefront that improve the quality of buyer experiences built on Shopify
- Own the implementation of those features in our first-party theme catalogue
- Improve our first-party themes quality in web accessibility and web performance
- Contribute to our theme templating language, Liquid, to help support the future of online shopping experiences
- Learn the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Be an advocate throughout the company for great UX
- Learn through peer mentorship and collaboration
- Managing an open source library
- Experience in a UX development role on a commerce site, or a marketing site promoting a product or service
- Experience with design systems
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date: Thursday, February 6th at 3 pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Developer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo|
|Production Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|
|Senior Mobile Developer (iOS, Android, React Native)||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Montreal|
|Senior UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Development Manager, Shopify Payments||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Apprentice Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Production Engineering - Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering Manager, Production Foundations||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Staff Developer, Checkout||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|