About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best platform for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, we’re powering some of the biggest and fastest-growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Ecobee, Fashion Nova, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, MVMT and Leesa are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
In Waterloo’s Automation team, we help Shopify Plus merchants grow their business efficiently and flexibly. We do this by building products and platforms focused on business process automation and software integration--Shopify Flow and Shopify Scripts are just two examples.
Shopify Scripts lets merchants run customized code in their checkout workflow, and has made a huge impact to date. Using what we’ve learned, we are taking Scripts from its current position as a Shopify Plus checkout app, to a platform-wide extensibility solution that can customize Shopify seamlessly and intuitively for all merchants. This posting is for a Senior UX Developer who will join the Scripts team and help us do just that.
This posting is cross-listed as Senior UX Developer and Senior Product Designer. Apply to the one that connects best with you!
- Advocate for the best user experience across our platform by representing our merchants and their developers in product strategy and roadmap discussions. You’ll start with the experience in mind, translating it back into needs for our technical design
- Shape our developer experience, choosing the right UX methods and tools to use -- whether that’s code prototyping, wireframing, research, or otherwise
- Contribute to our growing design system of patterns in an effort to cultivate a cohesive look, feel, and user experience across the entire Shopify platform
- Share and review your work based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback
Requirements for the role
- Expertise in UX development as a craft, with demonstrated ability leading the UX design process
- Knowledge about modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid, feature queries
- An understanding of HTML semantics and ARIA roles, and knowing their correct application
- Expertise in building modular, reusable, flexible components and accessible interfaces
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to prototype early concepts to vet ideas
- Collaborating on new technologies and processes within a company or community
- Awareness of web accessibility and empathy for building products for people with different abilities and needs.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work (...we've been through this interview process after all 😏) and we truly value your time. Chris is looking forward to reading your application. If your CV stands for itself, that's great, but we always love to find out more about people, so feel free to include a cover letter.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Closing date: Monday, May 25th at 9am EDT.
|Mobile Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|RnD Learning Program Specialist||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Web Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Director of Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Marketing UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Software Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Hawaii)||Engineering and Development||Americas, United States|
|Technical Program Manager - Shopify Shipping||Engineering and Development||Americas, Canada|
|Staff Developer - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Staff Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Development Manager - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|