About the role
As a Senior UX Lead on the International team, you have a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants around the world. You are responsible for the user experience quality for the international product line. You are the UX craft owner, and work with a multidisciplinary UX team of product designers, content strategists, user researchers, and front-end developers to deliver the best possible experience for our merchants around the world. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
- Ensuring our platform considers the full range of international merchant needs across language, culture, and local commerce behaviours. While we may share the platform, merchant needs vary greatly around the world.
- Building new products around international requirements, to serve merchants in new ways on the Shopify platform. We know that language, payments, & shipping products can function fundamentally different around the world - we need you to help us consider the breadth and depth of these challenges and provide simple, scalable experiences.
- Working with other teams at Shopify to build a deep understanding and consideration of merchant needs around the world.
- Evolving the look and feel of Shopify to be relevant in priority markets as we scale; with the discipline to think locally and act globally.
- Shaping how our product teams, including UX, engineering and product management collaborate to produce a world-class offering. The International team is still in the fundamental forming and storming stages as a product team. We’re building to the needs of our merchants while hardening our institutional knowledge.
- Relationship building with UX leadership across Shopify. While we have the freedom to define our own process, it’s essential to be a partner, advocate and challenger at the leadership table to best support the needs of the International merchants.
- Providing technical and strategic UX direction on your project. You’ll work with your project team members to help them understand what they’re building towards and why.
- Developing and shipping with speed and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today, while setting the vision for tomorrow.
Requirements for the role:
- You’ve designed and shipped product experiences for international audiences.
- You’ve led a team in a multidisciplinary UX environment. Ours includes research, design, front-end development, and content strategy.
- You love solving complex product problems with simple design solutions.
- You’re passionate about building tailored experiences across a diverse set of languages and cultures.
- You like to collaborate with product management and engineering to balance the right decisions for the product with the right decisions for the users.
- You provide teams with long term vision and strategy but don’t mind doing the work yourself when the situation arises.
- Bureaucracy is your nemesis.
- You have played a direct role in UX community building and thought leadership both inside your organization and beyond.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Janeffer is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
|Senior Front End Developer (Marketing), Shopify Plus||Front End Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Front End Developer, Shopify Plus||Front End Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Product Designer, Identity||Design||Toronto, Canada|
|UX Lead, Marketing Technology||User Experience||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior Product Designer, Internal Tools||Design||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior UX Researcher, Shopify Plus||User Experience||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Product Designer, Shopify Plus||User Experience||Waterloo, Canada|