About the role
This role will focus on helping us understand, and build the payment nuances that come with localization. We'd be looking at you to drive strategy around topics like local currency billing, payment integrations, payment methods, etc.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Building and growing the Money UX team
- Nurturing your team’s expertise in their craft and supporting their growth
- Holding a high bar of quality to ship exceptional user experiences on your projects
- Developing and shipping with speed and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today while setting the vision for tomorrow
- Being a strategic partner with your Product Management, Engineering, and Commercial peers to define the overall strategy and direction for the Money group in the EU
- Contributing to our growing Polaris design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform
You should have:
- Excellent communication skills. We can’t emphasise this enough. In addition to your local team, you’ll be working extensively with a team that is 2000km’s and 6 time zones away. You’ll need to find succinct and sustainable ways to work internationally while embedding these healthy practices into the UX team you’re building
- Experience bringing a product or a brand global
- Experience leading and building teams in multidisciplinary UX environments and having baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (Product Research, Product Design, and Content Design) with deep expertise in one of these areas
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Experience in international markets in Europe and working with dispersed teams
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn as much as possible about how they use Shopify on every platform
- An ability to make great decisions quickly
Tools of our trade:
- We work with industry-standard tools and software like Figma, Github, and good ol’ pen and paper to define work at the right fidelity level for the project.
Some of the things we provide:
- A culture of trust and ownership
- Flexible work hours and a competitive compensation package (including equity, benefits, and perks)
- Benefit from a lifestyle spending account - a budget you can spend on a variety of things to help your life run smoothly, including wellness, transportation, and family care related expenses
- Plentiful professional growth opportunities, such as conferences, training courses of your choice, books, business trips, etc.
- The best tech needed for your job
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Jeremy is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
This job posting will be open until we hire the right candidate. We have a commitment to respond to applications within 2 weeks and we look forward to reviewing your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Senior UX Manager, Retail - Remote, Europe||UX and Design||EMEA|