About the role
Shopify Plus is making complex commerce simple for the fastest growing, most innovative brands in the world. We help companies like Allbirds, FashionNova, Purple Mattress, GymShark, RebeccaMinkoff, P&G, Kanye West, and Kylie Cosmetics power their commerce dreams. We believe customers should love their commerce platform, and we’re in hyper-growth, so this is where you come in.
You will be joining Shopify Plus B2B at an absolutely pivotal moment in our 100-year journey to make commerce better for everyone. Today, Shopify is the easiest way for over a million merchants to sell to consumers online. Tomorrow, we help unlock the next level of opportunity for our merchants : selling their products to businesses.
As a senior UX leader at Shopify you will define and own the UX vision and execution for the entire experience of our B2B merchants, to help them run and grow their B2B business on a single easy-to-use platform, right alongside their consumer business. You will build and lead a team solving the most complex and interesting challenges in commerce and shopping today. Your empathy and advocacy for our customers, and leadership will empower the team to help our customers succeed.
You’ll work on:
- Creating a deep understanding of merchant needs through qualitative and quantitative insights, and strategically building to those needs
- Help define the course of our merchant’s journey. From product awareness through daily use of the platform, apps and the rest of the B2B ecosystem
- Rapidly growing and championing a small but mighty UX team, that is efficient and ships with the highest standards
- Helping shape how the broader product teams (UX, engineering and product management) collaborate to produce a world-class offering
- Collaborate with UX leadership across Shopify
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’ve owned and supported the entire product life-cycle UX of successful tech or commerce products
- You’ve built and led multidisciplinary teams (10+ people), including research, product design, UX development, content strategy
- You lead from the front, with a vision for the long-term, and the strategy required to lead teams and deliver now
- Your teams consistently ship high impact work, which is beautifully designed with great attention to details, and solves complex customer needs
- You have experience using data to successfully inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes
- You bring a product management mindset to design; with the ability to easily balance product with your craft
- You are a leader in the UX community building thought leadership both inside your organization and beyond
- You have excellent communication skills
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us your resume and some of the things that you are most proud of. Whatever represents what you do best.
This posting will close on Friday, February 21 at 12pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.