About the role
As Shopify continues to grow, we face challenges with sharing and actioning on valuable information within the company. We value being highly aligned, but loosely coupled. We value making great decision, quickly. To live up to these values, we need frictionless ways of accessing the information that will enable us to do our best work.
We build the Vault. An internal platform for capturing, organizing, and sharing the information we need to work together and thrive at Shopify -- the tools that help Shopify build...Shopify! Our platform is used every day by Shopify employees and plays an important role in the success of the company. You will make high-impact decisions that evolve the platform and have a positive effect on Shopify’s mission to make commerce better for everyone.
You will be working on:
- Contributing to the design and evolution of our internal context platform built using Rails, React, and GraphQL
- Creating complex tools, like a modern content authoring system
- Building React components and documenting themWriting and improving our unit and integration tests and practices
- Contributing to our shared design system and component library Polaris, and also to our other shared, open source libraries used to build applications
- Advocating for great UX and creating delightful details into our productsLearning the latest front-end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible
- Mentoring other front end developers
You’ll need to have experience with:
- Developing front-end web applications that perform well on all devices using modern languages and frameworks
- Working with one or more modern web stacks (transpilers, linters, build and CI tools, etc.)
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
How you’ll be working:
- Our front end uses React, TypeScript, Apollo/GraphQL, and CSS Modules
- You will likely be involved in modernizing existing Ruby on Rails based apps to use a React front-end, and building new React-based apps
- We focus on writing scalable code, leveraging patterns and components in our UX style guides, and evolving our practices
- We build all our projects with a collaborative code review process using Github
Alexa is looking forward to reading your application.
Closing date: Thursday, August 1st at 5PM (EDT).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Salesforce Developer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Infrastructure Engineers||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Senior Web Developer (Shopify Web)||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Technical Education, R&D||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Mobile Applications - Security Engineering Lead||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Staff Security Developer - Internal Security||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Web Developer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Developers and Managers - Shipping Services||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Mobile Developer - iOS||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Developer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Welcome Back||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Development Manager - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Canada|
|Production Engineer - Storefront Rendering||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Production Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Waterloo|
|Production Engineering - Database Engineer - Datastores||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|