|Location||North America - Remote|
|Specialty||Sales and Account Management|
About the role
The Service Delivery Lead will lead a team that is responsible for engaging with the largest high-growth, high-volume Shopify Plus merchants on short to medium term service deliveries. These service deliveries are focused on a merchant’s overall business plan, and are designed to accelerate their growth and ensure their long term success.
The Service Delivery Lead will operationally manage the scheduling, planning and execution of service delivery as well as growing and developing a team of individual contributors.
Requirements for the role:
- You are a great leader and manager; you instil confidence and develop skills on your team so they want to work both for and with you
- You have a background in customer facing roles, managing difficult customer situations, and enabling customer success overall
- You take a consultative approach with customers and strive to be seen as a trusted advisor; you optimize for customer experience first
- Proven discovery skills and and ability to apply questioning, observation, networking and experimentation to help build mutual understanding and situational awareness
- Strong writing and presentation skills with the ability to adjust your approach for the boardroom, the classroom, and 1 on 1 situations
- You demonstrate strong active listening and analytical skills
- Proven ability to prioritize; managing multiple concurrent service deliveries and merchants, while also balancing your time and effort on internal activities
- You understand ecommerce best practices, tooling, digital operations and the typical roles and workflows that support it
- You demonstrate both the willingness to research and learn current ecommerce trends and understand how varying implementations influence the approaches that work best for merchants
- Leading a high impact merchant facing team
- Oversight of and responsibility for service delivery planning and execution, managing peer review and providing feedback on deliverables
- Aligning individual activities to the objectives and key results of the team
- Coaching your team to build strong relationships with merchant stakeholders, Merchant Success Managers and other teams building Shopify
- Actively defining and improving service delivery best practice and toolingActively improving service assessment, delivery and evaluation processes
- Monitoring team communications and engagements, provide feedback and identify and communicate systemic and individualized opportunities for improvements
- Participating in strategic discussions and decisions about the service catalog, deliveries and team goals and targets
- Nurturing personal and professional growth through mentorship and coaching of your team
- Building and nurturing relationships with internal stakeholders on other Shopify teams
- Fostering an inclusive environment by soliciting diverse viewpoints and incorporating them into team direction
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Melissa is looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on Friday February 21st at 12pm EST (UTC-4).