|Location||North America - Remote|
|Specialty||Sales and Account Management|
About the role
The Service Delivery Manager engages with the largest high-growth, high-volume Shopify Plus merchants on short to medium term service deliveries. These service deliveries are focused on a merchant’s overall business plan, and are designed to accelerate their growth and ensure their long term success.
Service Delivery Managers act as Shopify advocates. They represent the brand, values, and product offering, while also advocating for the merchant’s needs. The role includes merchant-facing activities through remote and on-site service collaboration, and partnering with several internal teams (including Customer Success, Solutions Engineering, Product and Launch Engineering) to provide front-line context.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience engaging with technical and non-technical merchant stakeholders to capture goals and requirements, while demonstrating the value of Shopify as part of their technology stack
- Providing comprehensive and cohesive solutions for customers
- Sophisticated knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystem and business operations; there are many moving parts and you understand how they fit together
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills to communicate merchant feedback for multiple audiences and all levels of leadership
- You can take a consultative approach and apply flexible discovery techniques; proven ability to establish yourself as a trusted advisor who prioritizes the merchant experience
- Ability to prioritize ongoing program delivery alongside multiple projects and requests
- Regular travel throughout North America to on-site meetings
- Planning and execute service deliveries, collaborating closely with Merchant Success Managers and merchant stakeholders, remotely or on-site
- Managing merchant and internal team’s expectations before, during and after engagements through strong communications
- Providing ad-hoc technical and product guidance to the Merchant Success, Solutions Engineering and Launch Engineering teams
- Providing ecommerce expertise through sharing Shopify best practices and industry trends
- Building relationships at multiple levels within a merchant’s organization to fully understand their business and the merchant’s approach to commerce innovation
- Opportunistically grow the service catalog to address unmet needs; influenced through merchant context via service engagements, platform growth and change, and merchant segment changes
- Supporting, influencing, engaging in and creating content for community events preparation
- Documenting merchant challenges and solutions, and providing context to influence internal teams
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Melissa is looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on Friday February 21st at 12pm EST (UTC-4).