About the role
Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 1,000,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Engineering Talent Community
We’ve launched an exciting new way for you to connect with us directly through the new Engineering Talent Community. This community is part of a new outbound recruiting model for some of our key engineering roles and teams. This move is to ensure we’re constantly improving our hiring process for you and making it best-in-class.
The Shopify Talent Acquisition team may reach out to you directly if your experience matches an open role. Becoming a member of the Talent Community does not mean that you are applying for a position, and instead joining a community where our recruiters may reach out for new upcoming/existing opportunities.
By joining, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn what it’s like to work in Engineering at Shopify directly from our Developers
- Ask questions and make connections with others in the community
- Get a deeper look at some of our current development projects and how we’re shipping at scale to our 1 million+ merchants
- Speak with our engineering recruiters about our current vacancies and be considered for open roles/new opportunities
- You are a software developer, web developer, or mobile developer and you are interested in either an individual contributor, people lead, or technical lead position.
- You are interested in learning more about what it’s like to work in engineering at Shopify
How to join the Talent Community
Please ensure that you have read through and meet the membership eligibility. If this sounds like you, you can request to join the Talent Community by clicking here. We’ll make sure to review your request as soon as possible. There is no need to submit an application or resume.
Please note: The Shopify Engineering Talent Community currently uses LinkedIn Groups. This community is unlisted; however, membership within the group is visible to other members.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider joining. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.