About the role
Our team will reviewing applications on a first-come basis and will provide an update on your application (no matter the outcome) within two weeks of your application being submitted. This posting will remain open until we've received enough applications to fulfill our available openings.
We are so excited that you are reading this and hope that you will decide to apply! Please note that for this posting, we are looking for applications from those who live in the Republic of Ireland at this time.
The work of a Shopify Support Advisor is incredibly rewarding and equally challenging. Our merchants have amazing stories filled with highs and lows, frustrations, and triumphs. It is in these moments and many in between that you would make an impact.
As a Shopify Support Advisor, you’ll work remotely from the comfort of your home while working within a dynamic, diverse and supportive environment. You won’t always know the answers to the questions you’re being asked, so your ability to be resourceful is key! We believe in human-centred, high-quality customer experiences. Using chats, phone calls and emails, you’ll be there to listen, teach, problem solve and explore growth opportunities with Shopify merchants. As part of that growth, you’ll be there to connect merchants with potential new features or plans to ensure they get the most out of the Shopify platform.
If you’re up for the challenge and enjoy working in a high-pressure environment, we encourage you to apply and take part in a hiring process that will allow you to meet folks at Shopify and get a taste for what the job entails. We aim to provide you with as much information about the role early in the process so that you know what to expect throughout, and in your first few months.
Following 4 weeks of training and 2 weeks of mentoring, you will begin responding to our merchants on live channels as part of a small squad, who is there to support you. All Shopify Support Advisors work a combination of weekdays, weekends and holidays in a full-time capacity.
We believe in supportive teams, an inclusive work environment and providing growth opportunities within your role. We also work remotely - which means you get to be part of a fast-growing global tech company from the comfort of your home.
Even if you’ve never held a similar position but you’re interested so far and relate to the things we’ve outlined below, we want to hear from you!
- Adhering to a daily schedule that includes a mix of: Phones, three (3) simultaneous chats, and emails.
- Ensuring merchants have a quick response time by staying on top of your assigned tickets, with same-day ticket review.
- Acting as a business coach and thinking about the merchant’s business holistically when offering solutions.
- Completing essential follow-up documentation after each interaction.
- Engaging in human conversations with merchants to identify and resolve issues, and provide coaching/growth opportunities for their businesses.
- Offer needs-based solutions, not pushy sales.
- Advocating for merchants and the Shopify platform by communicating with stakeholders.
- Owning your own development through reflection, reviewing past interactions and preparing to discuss growth opportunities with your lead in regular 1:1 meetings.
Requirements for the role:
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) on a rotating schedule with varying 8-hour shifts starting anytime between 7:00 am - 11:00 am in your local timezone. This means some days your shifts could be as early as 7am-3pm, and as late as 11am-7pm. This includes working weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
- Live and have legal authorization to work in the Republic of Ireland.
- Extensive experience providing exceptional customer service in a contact centre, retail or service environment.
- Have appropriate remote work set-up - such as a quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location in case of issues with the primary location.
- Have access to a wired internet speed of at least 25 Mbps download speed and 10 Mbps upload. You can check your speed here.
- Proven track record of being incredibly resourceful and finding solutions even when there is no clear path.
- Ability to adapt to new processes and work accurately in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency with technology paired with excellent typing skills.
- Have strong reading, writing and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn all about entrepreneurship, care deeply about people support and enjoy having genuine human conversations.
- Possess high level of understanding, patience and empathy. Able to navigate more difficult conversations/interactions with professionalism.
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things.
- Ensure privacy and security practices are followed at all times for both merchants and Shopify.
- A background or interest in business, marketing, retail, or sales.
- Ran or had exposure to running a business or being an entrepreneur.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Please note that if you haven’t heard from us in this time we recommend checking your junk folder and whitelisting “Shopify” as, at times, our emails have ended up in junk folders.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Additional note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. (Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Product Content Strategist (Remote, Europe)||UX and Design||EMEA, Europe|
|Development Manager, Shop (Remote, Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA, Europe|
|Staff Software Developer/Mobile & Web Apps, Shop (Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA, Europe|
|Senior UX Researcher (France)||UX and Design||EMEA, Europe|
|Country Manager, International Growth (Remote, Italy)||Partnerships and Business Development||EMEA, Europe|
|Senior Product Managers (Italy, Spain & Germany)||Product Management||EMEA, Europe|
|Product Manager, International Money||Product Management||EMEA, Europe|
|Senior Partner Manager, International Growth (France)||Partnerships and Business Development||EMEA, Europe|
|QA Engineer (Remote, Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA, Europe|
|QA Engineer (Remote, Lithuania)||Engineering and Development||EMEA, Europe|
|Senior Developer/PHP (Remote, Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA, Europe|
|Director of Marketing, Shopify Plus (Remote, Ireland)||Marketing and Communications||EMEA, Europe|
|Senior Data Scientist, Shop||Data Science and Engineering||EMEA, Europe|