About the role
Are you a highly creative, innovative, and adaptable storyteller?
Shopify Plus is looking for a Social Media Manager to define, build, and grow the organic social media strategy. You will be responsible for ideating and creating “made for social” content (written, video, photography, and design), publishing across our branded social channels, and measuring results of all organic social marketing activities.
You will maintain the voice and tone of the Shopify Plus brand, driving community engagement and creating dialogue between Shopify’s core brand, our merchants, partners, and industry experts.
You are a digital native that intuitively understands the language and nuances of different social channels. You are in tune with trends and tactics as they evolve across platforms. You will need to be self-motivated, organized and able to adapt quickly to the ever-changing requirements of a fast-growing company. The successful candidate will be a creative thinker who brings original ideas and innovative treatments to all platforms, and has demonstrated skills in producing, shooting and editing content with a social-first mindset.
You know how to work cross-functionally on a variety of projects and campaigns with various stakeholders (both internal and external). Additional responsibilities will include creating and presenting insight-driven briefs, pitches and creative treatments. An understanding of audience development, creative performance, data analysis, and reporting is required.
Note: Our ideal candidate will be located in Toronto or Waterloo, but we are welcoming applications from other areas as well. If you think you'd be a great fit - send us an application!
Key Functional Responsibilities:
- Manage the organic social media strategy and identify opportunities for new channels, types of content, and formats.
- Help build the Shopify Plus social media presence and community.
- Responsible for the development, creation, and execution of all organic social content.
- Set creative direction for social media content, and advocate for new formats and creative opportunities.
- Schedule and publish organic content across all channels to maintain a consistent cadence and presence.
- Compile data across all various media platforms and create reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development.
- Manage communication and monitor engagement and support across all channels.
- Understand channel nuances, monitor the latest trends, and is curious about testing and experimenting when it’s right for the brand.
- Ability to shoot, edit, design and create net new “made for social” content, quickly and efficiently.
- Intermediate knowledge of social media content and design (both planned and live production).
- Intermediate video and media production skills i.e. Videography experience, working knowledge of Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve, Lightroom, Photoshop, Canva, etc.
- Extensive verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to craft great copy and convey complex concepts simply.
- Extensive knowledge of social media scheduling tools (Sprout, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Later, Buffer etc.)
- Ability to present compelling new content ideas to key stakeholders and execute production plans.
- Extensive analytical, planning, and organizational skills: ability to report on organic social results and evaluate media performance to drive insights and future decisions.
- Experience in using social listening tools (using Talkwalker/Brandwatch) to see what customers and prospects are talking about.
Nice to have:
- Rich integrated marketing experience — B2B is a bonus!
- Extensive photography skillsExtensive videography and editing skills
- Extensive camera knowledge (bonus if it’s with a Canon 200 and/or Panasonic GH5)
- Experience working across large, international teams
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Sarah is looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on Friday April 3rd, at 12pm EST.