About the role
Shopify Plus is created to make enterprise commerce in China simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability, and flexibility they need to become successful here in China. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
As Shopify Plus expands, we will need passionate problem solvers like you to help us create solutions for these exciting brands. This is a chance to see your work directly impact the growth and success of our Shopify Plus merchants. As a subject matter expert on the Shopify Plus platform, you’ll be breaking down technical and product barriers, explore creative solutions, and educating our merchants on industry best practices. You’ll be working closely with our Account Management and Sales Team to ensure a seamless merchant journey from pre-sales through launch.
The Solutions Engineer position is a client facing role and will be based in Shenzhen, working side by side with our Merchant Success Managers, Sales Team and International R&D Team.
Things you will be doing:
- Providing support to our current Shopify Plus Sales, Merchant Success Management, and Partner teams.
- Working to help vet and close deals from a technical requirements perspective for both our Enterprise Sales team and development partners/agencies.
- Working with our designers to ship landing pages.
- Running in person workshops to develop our China based partners.
- Assisting with in-depth technical questions about Shopify features and API.
- Exploring creative ways to develop on the platform.
Requirements for the role:
- Native speaker of Chinese with high English proficiency.
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills. A strong ability to manage your own time productively.
- Experience working in an application ecosystem and integrating technologies.
- A desire to learn, master and teach our growing Enterprise Customers and Agencies.
- Strong API knowledge. You must be able to understand API documentation, use a REST client and know how to conceptualize an API solution.
- Willingness to accept challenges and tackle tough issues head-on.
- Familiarity with version control systems (git/Github is a plus).
- A curious mind for how things work and what makes them tick, an affinity for helping and teaching merchants, and a constant thirst to learn about the next best thing.
- Experience with Liquid. You won't need to make a Shopify theme but you should know how to make changes and know what's possible with our themes.
- Knowledge of best practices for UX & UI
- Be comfortable using browser developer tools to debug front-end bugs.
- Building Shopify stores, either for yourself or clients.
- Experience in e-commerce or retail.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Please upload your CV in both English and Chinese. We are looking forward to reading your application and your interest in helping shape the future of commerce in China.
|Launch Engineer - China||Sales and Account Management||Shenzhen, China|