About the role
Shopify is the world's fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. Created to empower entrepreneurs around the world to build and grow their businesses, Shopify has become a leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform for start-up and enterprise merchants alike.
In Waterloo, our team is focused on Shopify Plus – an entire product line aimed at expanding our core Shopify platform to enable enterprise-level features & functionality needed by our fastest growing and largest volume retailers – companies like Redbull, Kylie Cosmetics, Johnson & Johnson, Gymshark, and Nestle!
We’re looking for a dedicated and versatile developer to join our Marketing UX team at Shopify Plus in Waterloo. As a Senior Front End Developer, you will work with designers, developers, content strategists, and our broader marketing team to build engaging experiences and bring Shopify Plus to more customers around the globe.
You'll be working on:
- Building out Shopify Plus’s brand across our public-facing websites
- Creating engaging web applications that are responsive, performant, and accessible that delight audiences through the use of animation and complex interactions
- Developing microsites, campaign & event landing pages, and customer profiles
- Working with our Content Management Systems to build workflows and functionality to allow our teams to deploy content quickly across multiple geographies and languages
- Collaborating with other disciplines across UX, and Marketing to help drive sales and leads within our sales funnel
- Learning the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX
You'll need experience with:
- Working collaboratively in a cross-discipline environment to suggest and critique ideas, prototype solutions, and make data-informed decisions
- Developing public-facing websites that perform well on all devices using modern languages and frameworks
- Building complex interactions in a performant way, with a high degree of polish
- Working with modern web stacks (transpilers, linters, build and CI tools, etc.)
- Authoring resilient code that conforms with accessibility requirements and follows progressive enhancement methodologies
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
- Backend languages and frameworks so you can work across the stack when needed
You'll get bonus points for
- Working in an agency or creative studio environment delivering websites for a variety of clients
- Experimentation and evaluation methodologies to help inform decisions with real-world data
- A deep understanding of one or more specific client-side areas like animation, performance, or accessibility for example
- Building multi-language websites with complex internationalization and localization requirements
- Ruby on Rails or similar MVC frameworks
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
Please get your application in by 5pm EST on Friday September 27th.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.