About the role
The team mission of the Global Performance Marketing Team (under Global Demand Generation) is to drive global merchant and revenue growth at Shopify Plus. We do this by identifying and activating digital marketing channels and optimizing our website across the entire customer lifecycle from awareness to acquisition and retention.
As a Sr. Growth Marketing Manager (CRO), you will assist in identifying and scoping growth opportunities to create new conversion funnels, and optimize existing customer journeys. You are user-obsessed, data-driven and knowledgeable of growth principles. You will also assist the implementation of growth initiatives from end-to-end by collaborating with various cross-functional teams. You love to experiment, and aren’t afraid to be curious or challenge the status quo.
You will be doing things like:
- Act as a co-owner of website strategy by conducting research, analyzing website analytics data and business performance to identify new growth or optimization opportunities for the website
- Overseeing the website - co-own the intake of all new website updates/additions
- Creating new CRO experiments (e.g. A/B tests) to improve the conversion rate of existing web properties or marketing channels
- Own and contribute to small to large scale projects -- e.g. create new landing pages or introduce new website experience functionality
- Partner with internal stakeholders from product, engineering, design, data, integrated and content marketing to implement, track, and communicate digital experiments
- Provide conversion rate optimization expertise for integrated campaigns and supporting tactics
- Experienced with website strategy - defining website goals/priorities, identifying new website opportunities, and managing small to large scale projects to improve UX experience or achieve business goals
- Experienced with conversion rate optimization with a proven track record of creating new conversion funnels (e.g. landing pages) or optimizing existing customer journeys
- Experienced performing data analysis with web analytics data to extract insights or identify optimization opportunities
- Experienced working with cross-functional teams, including with product managers, engineers, designers and data scientists
- Experience in writing copy for marketing material and assets (e.g. landing pages)
- Ability to thrive on change in a rapidly changing business and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to be a self-starter, make great decisions quickly, and push initiatives from idea to execution
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and champion new concepts/ideas
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and website user experience (UX) best practices, as well as growth principles and experimentation methodologies (e.g. A/B testing)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey business and technical concepts to both subject matter experts and non-technical professionals
- Critical thinking skills that allow you to go beyond just the numbers and assess creative assets and copy
- B2B marketing experience is strongly desired
- Proficiency with Web Analytics and Experimentation tools – Google Analytics, Experimentation Tools, and Landing Page Builders
- Proficiency with Data tools and CRM – MS Excel or Google Sheets, DMP, Mode, Salesforce, and Marketo
Closing Date: This posting will close June 30th, 2022 at 11:59PM (EST) (or once we have received enough applications)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Sr. Lead, Product Communications (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Lead, Product Communications, Fulfillment and Logistics (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Lead, Product Communications, Payments and Money products (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Program Operations Lead, Revenue Marketing (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Executive Media Relations (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|