About the role
Shopify's User Experience team is focused on enabling people to make commerce better at a global scale. With over 450 designers and content designers partnering closely with product managers, product researchers and developers working across the company, this team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow. The UX team at Shopify has the mission to make commerce better for everyone… everywhere!
As a Staff Product Designer, you’ll lead design projects of significant scope, complexity and responsibility in creative vision, strategy and execution, meaning limitless opportunities for you to turn your ideas into reality. You’ll work closely with teams to frame user needs and behaviour, define optimized user flow, and tweak pixels before launch. You’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary UX, product management and engineering team to deliver thoughtful and polished design work that is grounded in solid research and validation.
- Working with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, product researchers, content designers, fellow designers) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users
- Applying strategic thinking to visualize ideas and concepts and communicate them effectively and compellingly for internal stakeholders, partners and customers
- Using facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, partners and customers
- Building positive, collaborative relationships with product management, development, marketing, and the broader UX team, as well as continuously "raising the bar" as an effective leader of positive change
- Running design thinking workshops and helping to guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes
- Being an active mentor for senior designers, and helping lead critique, design reviews, and quarterly planning
- Expert knowledge of the end to end product design process, demonstrating a command of product strategy, distilling the jobs to be done for a given user, journey mapping, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- The ability to craft beautiful designs and delightful, useful, and usable experiences; you have strengths in visual design, interaction, and product design
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product research
- Proficient in product design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Origami, Principal
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This posting will close on June 5th, 2022
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|UX Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff Marketing Designer (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Content Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Lead Marketing UX Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior UX Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Marketing UX Manager (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Staff Product Researcher - Growth (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|