About the role
- Collaborating with other developers and designers
- Actively seeking out hard problems to solve, and designing technical roadmaps to solve them
- Identifying and pursuing impactful projects driven by product direction, merchant need, and appropriate technological trends
- Creating beautiful and fast code that improves our codebase in meaningful ways
- Bringing context and learnings back to a team from other projects and mentoring junior developers through technically challenging decisions
- Using test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Contributing back to the open-source community
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams — strong technical mentorship is a must
- An understanding of the long-term impacts of complex technical decisions
- The ability to constantly raise the bar for product development and how teams work
- Experience using technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) some of our most-used languages — Ruby on Rails, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python — is an asset, but not required. Don’t have experience with many of them? No problem — deep experience with any object-oriented language and willingness to learn our tech stack goes a long way. (Also: Check out our StackShare here.)
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community for external candidates to learn more about Shopify by clicking here.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Software Developer, Back End or Infrastructure (Remote, Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA|
|Senior Frontend Developer - Mobile or Frontend Development (Remote, Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA|
|Staff Software Developer – Mobile or Frontend Development (Remote, Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA|
|Engineering Manager – (Remote, Europe)||Engineering and Development||EMEA|