|Team||Engineering and Development|
About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. While Stockholm is our hub, this role is open to candidates in European time zones. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
As a result of social distancing and stay-at-home measures, customers have become more reliant on online ordering than ever before as it becomes more challenging to stay connected to the brands they love.
With Shop, we have set out to reimagine the online shopping experience. From personalized recommendations to live order tracking, Shop offers visibility, personalized experiences, and peace of mind in one convenient place. By looking at the common pain points in the customer’s shopping journey today and developing specific features like local business discovery, Shop will help both our merchants and their customers develop more meaningful relationships and connections along the way.
Our team operates like a start-up within an established company. The leadership team decides on key themes and members of our team get assigned to them. Then, it's up to the team to solve each problem, which means they work closely with our UX and PMs. As independent teams, we have the flexibility to make our own decisions and work autonomously. And at the end of each week, we share and demo our work with the rest of the team.
The Shop team is looking for a dedicated and experienced staff software developer to join a new team. You’ll lead projects of significant scope, complexity and will take responsibility in the vision, strategy and execution, meaning limitless opportunities for you to turn your ideas into reality. As a staff software developer you’re the glue that holds UX, Design and Engineering together, working naturally with disciplines. You will mentor both junior and senior developers and continuously strive to move our tech forward and advocate best practices.
- Leadership skills with technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) Typescript, React, and React Native
- Proven track record of building large scale and performant applications
- Proven track record of leading software teams - strong technical mentorship is a must
- Curiosity and passion to always learn new things
- A passion for efficiency and collaboration, with a history of establishing great relationships with UX and Product Management
- A drive for quality and technical excellence
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- Level up junior and senior developers through your own work, code reviews, mentorship and sharing your expertise
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Collaborate with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.