About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Ecobee, Fashion Nova, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, MVMT and Leesa are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
As a Staff Web Developer on the Plus B2B team, you will focus on how we support, educate, and facilitate building web-based Plus B2B related features. This role will have a heavy emphasis on technical leadership, mentoring, technical architecture creation and review, along with helping to establish common patterns and identify anti-patterns, offering proactive and reactive advice.
Requirements for the role:
- A proven track record of technical mentorship of software developers
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- A passion for growing development teams and improving others
- Experience with React
- Experience building large scale, high throughput systems and scaling web services, particularly those using and analyzing large amounts of data — be prepared to give great examples
- A past history of building and shipping innovative products and features as a software developer
- Ecommerce experience a plus
- Experience with React Native, Apollo and GraphQL a plus
What you'll work on:
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Go deep into the platform and solve the hardest problems we have
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Be a technical influencer across the company
- Design and build innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborate with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Grow the Plus organization both through internal development and external hiring
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
Please feel free to add any links to online portfolios, public works, GitHub repos, or anything else that helps to showcase your work. We will be accepting applications online until 5pm ET on Friday November 15th.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work. We truly appreciate your time and look forward to learning more about you!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Web Development Manager, Plus B2B||Engineering and Development||New York City, United States|