Support Tools Specialist
The Support Operations team at Shopify is responsible for supporting and enabling our Merchant Support team. Our mission is to make conversations effortless and valuable. To do that we support, manage, develop and implement systems that power the thousands of conversations our Merchant Support team has everyday. From self-help through to matching a merchant and a Guru and all the tools they need to get their job done.
The Merchant Support team is fast evolving and fast moving, that means we need to be faster and work to anticipate requests and solve problems before they happen. To do that we’re looking for a new member of the Support Operations Specialist team to help us increase our coverage, and allow us to continue to provide top class support for our Support team.
Day to day you’ll be supporting the support organization on anything from hardware issues, to software bugs, and account issues. To do this you’ll be working across multiple teams to troubleshoot, fix and automate tasks that are painful or annoying to our teams and our Support teams. You’ll need to be both reactive and proactive in your day to day tasks, solving issues as they come up and preventing them from happening in the first place.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Be an excellent communicator and able to manage expectations.
- Support, troubleshoot and manage the systems, processes and users when complex issues occur.
- Be available for on-call schedule.
- Become an expert on our business and gain trust of the teams you’ll be working with.
- Partner with HR, IT, Legal and Finance to execute on your solutions.
- Document and communicate solutions and processes that we implement.
- An understanding of web fundamentals, how browsers work, API’s, and web infrastructure.
- Experience with one or more of the following, SaaS Business Applications ( Zendesk, Salesforce, Tableau, Hubspot, ExactTarget).
- A proven track record of solving problems.
- Strong relationship building skills to be able to successfully work across departments.
- Triaging, prioritising, and resolving issues from multiple internal teams, across chat and email
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience working in Support, Marketing or Sales Operations.
YOU'LL BE WORKING ON THINGS LIKE:
- Managing our agents in our various apps across our tool stack.
- Documenting as you learn to increase our self help resources and reduce tribal knowledge.
- Coming up with creative solutions as the support team continues to grow.
- Anticipating changes to the business so we’re ahead of the curve.
- Staying up to date and quickly learning new technologies.
- Thinking outside of the box and communicating suggestions and findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Automating manual tasks that slow our teams down.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Please address your cover letter to Craig Crawford.
** Deadline: June 26th, 2017 **
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Support jobs are posted.