About the role
About the role
Shopify Support’s Learning and Development team is looking for an experienced Trainer to join our ever-growing Support organization as a Support Trainer. The Support team is the foundation of everything we do at Shopify, and we take the role of supporting our merchants pretty seriously - so training our Customer Success Representatives (Gurus) to be the best in the business is of the highest priority. As a Support Trainer, you’ll be responsible for taking newly hired Gurus through the on-boarding and training process, ensuring that they gain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required by members of our world class support team.
A few more details
We keep it real - Gurus at Shopify provide not just tech support, but people support. You’ll be training people to do a job that won’t always be easy; we teach Gurus to thrive by being resourceful, asking questions, and having genuine human conversations.
We’re business coaches - Gurus don’t just solve problems, they help businesses grow and thrive. The team doesn’t do pushy sales, but we do train people to provide needs based sales solutions to help merchants get on the right Shopify plan to scale their business and succeed.
We’re lifestyle focused - Day-to-day you’ll train people to do fulfilling work, support entrepreneurs, and make a real impact.
We’re forever learners - We are obsessed with personal development, growing and never settle for mediocrity. We’ll support you and the Gurus you train to achieve goals, learn new skills, and level up.
We work together - We may not be in the same cities, but we work like we are. We leverage our unique backgrounds to empower each other and foster a community where all people can feel a sense of belonging. We’ve invested in small home based teams and strong communication tools to ensure you have the resources to succeed in your role at Shopify --- no matter what city you are in!
What you’ll get to do:
- Deliver training content to newly hired Support employees through various remote learning environments
- Use a blended facilitation style where learners work through self-directed e-learning modules, Trainer-facilitated exercises and hangouts, as well as assignments, exercises, knowledge checks, role-playing and coursework
- Provide constructive feedback and effective evaluations to learners to help them develop and grow throughout the training program
- Develop content and exercises and make data-informed decisions to further enhance the training programs
- Coordinate with various departments to deliver on objectives and get shit done
- Provide live coaching and mentoring during contextual on-the-job training
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3 years call centre or customer service training experience
- Must be legally eligible to work in New Zealand - preference for those based in the Wellington Region
- Comfortable working from home
- A thorough understanding of call centre operations
- High level of skill in teaching and facilitation
- Top-notch organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work independently along with an awareness of when to seek input or critical feedback from others
- Comfort with ambiguity and fast-paced change
NOTE: This opportunity is for a candidate located in New Zealand (preferably in the Wellington area) & is based around a 8am-4pm local schedule. The successful candidate will report into Support On-boarding Global Lead, Veronica Patton.
Application Deadline: May 1st 5pm NZT