|Team||HR and Culture|
About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default.Learn more about what this can mean for you.
We’re looking for someone special to join the Business Partner team as Talent Coordinator. Our approach to Talent is untraditional. We truly partner with all of our employees and exercise our judgement, common sense and flexibility to come up with creative and innovative solutions that make sense (as opposed to relying on restrictive and confining policies).
Talent Coordinators work closely with our employees throughout their entire employee journey, and they take pride in helping people every step of the way in a variety of ways. In this role, you will need to be able to maintain, organize and juggle priorities and timelines. You’ll also need to own your role, love helping others and be constantly evolving and improving.
- Front line support for employees with all things having to do with working at Shopify (ie: slack, email, helpdesk, office hours)
- Onboarding new employees to Talent-specific information, programs, people
- Partnering with our Business Partners on day-to-day tasks, and other administration work (ie. employee letters, leaves, exit interviews, reference letters et. al)
- Maintaining quality and accessibility of Talent & Employee-facing knowledge (Intranet, Knowledge Management System, Google Drive etc) in order to focus on solving true employee problems
- Acting as the first tier for questions and assistance, and maintaining our benefit and perk program
- Performing high volume HR Admin tasks and maintaining data integrity within our HR Systems (Workday, Lever): job changes, location changes, lead changes, exits, payroll changes, etc
- Exercising your knowledge in payroll, taxable benefits; Employment Standards and Law in multiple jurisdictions; and Shopify programs on employee leaves within the region
- Acting as the Connective Tissue for the Talent team and other stakeholders
- Continually asking AND answering the question, “How can we make this process better”?
- Experience in a high volume HR role, including; administering a benefits plan and understanding/explaining taxable benefits; understanding and enacting Employment Standards and Law in multiple jurisdictions within the EMEA region; assisting and managing employee leaves, including parental leaves; supporting employees with questions; and conducting exit interviews
- Love of, and a wizard with, all things administrative and operational
- Experience with Workday would be a huge asset
- Comfort with and an ability to really and truly multitask (you’ll have your focus constantly pulled in many different directions at once. Constantly)!
- Attention to detail and accuracy are a must
- A history of learning and picking up on new things quickly, and the ability to get up to speed and understand how complex things work, that may affect many people and groups
- The ability to add your thoughts and expertise towards solving a problem
- Rolling up your sleeves to get things done and work independently on your own
- Strong communication, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills, as well as great judgment
- A high level of empathy and care for stakeholders and employees
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Vaida is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
This posting will close on October 31 at 4 pm CET.
You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 2 weeks from when you applied.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.