About the role
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. We build products for business owners to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. Shopify currently powers over 1million+ businesses in approximately 175 countries and we’re still growing. It’s a very exciting time to join our team!
We’re looking for a passionate Team Lead for 8-10 Customer Success Representatives (known internally as Shopify “Gurus”) on our remote Support team in Canada. As a squad lead you will lead a team of gurus on a rotating schedule that includes weekends and holidays. Along with the rest of our Support team, this is a work-from-home position based in Canada.
Gurus talk to hundreds of merchants in a week who are based all over the world. Using chat, email and phone calls, they troubleshoot questions and support them in using the Shopify platform to grow their businesses.
As a Team Lead, you’re responsible for the performance of your team. You have a well-established leadership skill set and the ability to coach your team to continued performance and development. You have the ability to identify development opportunities for your team members and develop concrete action plans or goals in order to achieve team success.
We operate in a complex environment with ever-changing conditions and it’s up to you as a lead to guide your team towards our mission statement of “Making Commerce Better for Everyone”. You will have the opportunity to influence and empower your team of Gurus to make the best decisions as they help our merchants leverage Shopify to be successful in their entrepreneurial dreams.
What we are looking for in a Team Lead:
- You have excellent (and proven) leadership skills and are passionate about developing others. You have the ability to set goals and motivate others to drive the actions and achieve them.
- You have empathy and understand how to build trust and rapport with your team in order to challenge them and facilitate growth.
- You are an effective communicator who isn’t afraid to voice your opinion, challenge ideas (including your own) and have tough conversations.
- You are confident in your leadership skills, you trust your judgement and others look up to you for it.
- You are resourceful, ask questions and find information like a pro.
- You are comfortable in ambiguity and are self-motivated.
- Coach your team to be high-performing and merchant-focussed so that we can help our merchants make more money and grow their businesses.
- Utilize all the tools and data points available to leverage your team's strengths and work on their weaknesses.
- Meet regularly with your peers and your Lead to discuss topics specific to Support, brainstorm coaching opportunities and techniques, and utilize each other's unique skill sets to thrive as a team.
- Meet regularly with your team 1-1 to ensure they are supported, and equipped for development and success.
- Deliver strong business results through impactful coaching.
- Create and foster an engaging and supportive culture for their Gurus and their peers.
- Impact and help drive the success of the remote teams in Canada as we continue to scale and grow support.
Requirements for the role:
- Must reside in Canada and be legally eligible to work in the country.
- Have 2-4 years prior leadership experience (Team Lead, Supervisor, or Manager) in Customer Service, Retail, Technology and/or Contact Centre environments.
- Flexible to work on a rotating schedule with rotating weekends and some holidays.
- Be comfortable and productive working from home.
- Have an appropriate remote work set-up - such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location in case of issues with the primary location
- Have entrepreneurial or business experience (or a strong interest in it!).
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Please include a cover letter to tell us why you think this is the right role and the right time for you. April is looking forward to reading your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Incident Communication Specialist - BC||Customer Support||Americas - Canada|
|Senior Customer Success Lead (Expression of Interest)||Customer Support||Americas - Canada|
|Technical Merchant Support Team Lead||Customer Support||Americas, Canada, Europe|