About the role
With 1 million+ merchants not everything will always run smoothly for everyone. In this role you will lead a team who handles the most difficult parts of the merchant experience, finding creative solutions to complex problems. That’s what Shopify’s Incident Response Team is all about. As an Incident Response lead, you will work closely with Incident Response Specialists, facilitating their development and fostering a culture of growth and accountability.
At Shopify, we practice critical thinking over process. As a lead you will be responsible for gathering context, anticipating business needs and successfully implementing change, all while committing to your own ongoing personal growth. You'll join an environment with the right balance of collaboration and autonomy, where creativity is encouraged.
You'll have the opportunity to lead a new, experimental and innovative team that is growing- and fast. You will lead and support the team in both their proactive and reactive work and together you'll pave the way forward in how the team scales and matures within Shopify.
We are looking for someone to work remotely (work from home) in British Columbia for the hours of 1-9pm PST Monday through Friday. As you will be supporting a cross-continental remote team, there may be shifts that require some weekend coverage and flexible hours, always within a 40-hour week.
Requirements for the role:
- You have experience leading and coaching teams to enhance current skills and develop new ones.
- You have experience successfully managing and implementing change within a team.
- You have proven success with performance management and are able to develop resilience and critical thinking.
- You thrive in ambiguous and autonomous environments. You hunt for resources, build relationships, ask questions and find information like a pro.
- You have great situational and organizational awareness. You can represent others' points of view accurately and communicate the same message in different contexts easily.
- You anticipate business needs. You have a proven track record of proactively identifying future needs and potential risks and are continuously innovating to have the most impact.
- You have previous leadership/management experience in retail, restaurants, tech support, call centres, etc.
- Based in British Columbia, Canada.
- Conducting regular 1:1s to coach, mentor and performance manage team members for maximum growth
- Unblocking obstacles the team is facing
- Ensuring the quality and quantity of work produced by the team
- Acting as an ambassador of the Incident Response craft - clearly and intentionally communicating inside and across teams to maintain strong cohesive relationships
- Delegating tasks
- Responsible for operations tasks including: scheduling, on-boarding, support contingency planning
- Assists in headcount planning, budgeting and offsite planning
- Experience in customer escalations
- Experience as a writer or working in a communications role
- Experience leading cross-timezone teams
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we really value your time. Please to address your cover letter to Ashley and tell us why you think this is the right role for you! We're looking forward to reading your application.
This posting will close on Wednesday, February 12th at 12:00pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.