We’re looking for creative, passionate individuals to write and maintain self-help content that serves a growing community of Shopify merchants, partners, and developers.
Our tech writers are a quirky bunch - they genuinely love language and ideas, they think information architecture is the coolest thing since the printing press, and they’re totally committed customer advocates. They build relationships all over the company, continuously learn new things, and channel that knowledge into self-help materials that merchants, partners, and app developers can use effortlessly. You’ll be expected to act like an owner from the start and take part fully in the life of the team.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Strong language skills based on past experience in a writing or editorial role.
- A commitment to understanding our merchants (helping them accomplish their goals and build their businesses is our main objective).
- A deep interest in the different ways that people discover and process information.
- High standards, an obsessive eye for detail, and a strong sense of ownership.
- Grit, especially when it comes to updating documentation that you only recently shipped. Things change fast around here!
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Familiarity with version control software such as git.
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON:
- Writing crystal-clear, user-centred content that's based on reader feedback, UX research, support data, and hands-on testing.
- Building relationships across Shopify's product, UX, marketing, and support teams.
- Crushing documentation bugs like it’s going out of style, correcting errors, and improving problematic content, all with reference to our documentation style guide.
- Participating fully in the life of the team, taking part in discussions, debates, and fresh-eyes sessions.
- Learning a ton of new skills and sharing your own.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Here is how to apply:
If you’d love to join us in our quest to make our merchants’ lives easier and to help their businesses grow, then we want to hear from you! Click the 'Apply Now" button to submit your application.
Please address your cover letter to Jason Christie.
** Deadline: June 26th, 2017 **
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Support jobs are posted.