About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Unilever, General Mills, Rebecca Minkoff, Jones New York, and Nestle are some merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
Development teams at Shopify have Staff Developers who use their expertise to multiply the overall output of the team. As one of these Staff Developers, you’ll help to drive the product vision to implementation. You and the team will design and build innovative solutions to challenging problems that empower Shopify’s merchants to reach new levels of success. You will maintain a high bar for quality as you work with product management and UX to conceive, design, and develop our product. You’ll also be hands-on in our code and will directly contribute technically.
Requirements for the role
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams — strong technical mentorship is a must
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- A passion for growing development teams and improving others
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL, or the desire to learn them quickly
- Experience building large scale, high throughput systems and scaling web services, particularly those using and analyzing large amounts of data — be prepared to give great examples
- A past history of building and shipping innovative products and features as a software developer
- Experience in the ecommerce industry or with ecommerce products is an added bonus
What you'll work on
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Go deep into the platform and solve the hardest problems we have
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Be a technical influencer across the company
- Design and build innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborate with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Grow the Plus organization both through internal development and helping with external hiring
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Please get your application in by 4pm EST on Friday, September 6th. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
|Production Engineering - Database Engineer - Datastores||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Production Engineer - Sr Kafka Engineer||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Montreal|
|Senior Salesforce Developer||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Developer, Shopify Plus||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Production Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Waterloo|
|Senior Infrastructure Engineers||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|