About the role
Technical Merchant Support is the next line of support for our Merchants. Operating 24/7 across Europe, Canada, New Zealand and the Philippines, the team works closely with merchants and frontline teams to provide solutions to technical business problems across Shopify’s wide range of products. In a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, the team has a strong focus on collaboration and capturing knowledge.
The team also works closely with our Engineering and Product teams, including providing feedback on upcoming feature releases, bug hunts, collaborating with Engineering to support existing products and identifying trending and emerging issues across the platform.
We’re looking for an experienced lead of leads who can own our Eastern Canada and European Teams. As the Team Lead, you’re responsible for working closely with your direct reports, peers and supporting teams to provide a consistent and meaningful support experience for our +1M merchants around the world. The Team Lead is also responsible for defining and growing the Technical Support discipline at Shopify and the career paths within it, and creating an engaging, inclusive and positive environment for people to do their best work. You’ll work closely with your peer Team Lead for the West team, as well as with stakeholders across Support, Engineering, and more. This role is an exciting blend of strategy and operations, with opportunities to gain more exposure to Product Lines and Engineering teams and positively impact the full lifecycle of some of the most challenging merchant issues.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work to meet and maintain the team’s Service Level Objectives and team performance, diving in to deeply understand issues and possible solutions.
- Coach and grow your direct reports to support high performing teams.
- Team Lead performance management with your direct reports and in alignment with your peers.
- Model and reinforce a positive, open and inclusive team culture.
- Lead the development of team strategy and priorities, and ongoing alignment of the team.
- Manage the systems which support a high performing team, including team communication, continuous improvement, workflow improvements and more.
- Help drive the ongoing adoption and success of swarming and knowledge capture within the team.
- Build high trust relationships with stakeholders in Product Lines in order to identify shared goals, address issues, and advocate on behalf of merchants.
- Build relationships and collaborate across functions in Support to deliver on shared goals and opportunities.
- You have 2+ years of leadership experience and have experience coaching and growing leads.
- You’re able to build trust in a large team and are adept at fostering positive, open and inclusive team cultures.
- You have experience interpreting data in order to understand trends and create action plans.
- You thrive on change, creating a sense of urgency and clarity out of ambiguity.
- You have strong communication skills, and are able to adapt your style across audiences and mediums.
- You are collaborative, bringing together the right stakeholders and contributors to solve problems.
- You have strong prioritization skills and have experience navigating the trade-offs between the long- and short-term.
- You are passionate about helping our merchants be successful and the role of technical support in their success.
Closing date: July 6th, 12pm EST
You can expect to receive an update on you application, no matter the outcome, within 3 weeks of applying.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Customer Success Lead (Expression of Interest)||Customer Support||Americas - Canada|
|Team Lead, Customer Support (Expression of Interest)||Customer Support||Americas - Canada|
|Incident Communication Specialist - BC||Customer Support||Americas - Canada|
|Incident Communication Specialist - Ireland||Customer Support||EMEA, Europe|