About the role
Shopify China team is starting out. We are looking for someone to join our team with the aim of increasing Shopify's in-market presence by developing and executing a strategy to grow and foster our technology partnership program in China. Shopify's technology partners play a vital role in enabling our merchants to be successful.
Shopify's brand is new here, so you will need to work closely with in-country community to build awareness, educate and recruit for our Shopify Partner Program. You will need to be product-minded and have strong technical skills to train new and support existing partners including: web designers, development agencies and app developers.
What you’ll be working on:
- Building a strategy to make Shopify the best platform for developers to build on top of to support our merchants
- Managing relationships with our top existing agency and app partners, providing them with education, feedback and tools to grow their businesses
- Creating awareness for the Shopify Partner Program within the developer community both online and offline: speaking at conferences, hosting workshops, facilitating partner training, webinars, Shopify blog
- Setting community goals and managing a budget
- Aligning with both our local and global technology partners to understand merchant challenges and localization needs
- Communicating and aligning internally with other Product teams at to ensure continuity and provide insights with respect to Shopify’s global developer tools and programs
- Monitoring emerging tech and new commerce experiences while proactively seeking out partnerships that can bring those experiences to our merchants
- Ensuring integrations and app-related merchant support are owned and managed by technology partners, consistent with Shopify’s global standard
You'll need to have:
- Native level Chinese with high English fluency, comfortable presenting in front of groups (share link to past work if available)
- A passion to grow Shopify and thrive as an industry leader
- Strong understanding of the Chinese e-commerce or retail landscape (e.g. retail, payments, logistics, agency)
- High degree of user empathy and curiosity. An good understanding of user journeys and how to discover paths for improvement
- Experience in technical partner management, channel partnerships, or business development either in an agency or product company
- Comfort with analytics, making data-informed decisions, and a capability of performing basic data analysis
- Technical skills and story API knowledge
- Collaboration skills (this is a team sport!), and adaptability to a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Ability to travel for work - both in your home country and occasionally to Shopify’s main offices located in Canada or other Shopify office in APAC region.
It'd be nice if you had:
- An entrepreneurial background or and have participated in the launch of a business
- Experience working in a Software-as-a-Service business
- Product manager experience
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!