About the role
Shopify is hiring Technical Product Leads across all of our product teams!
Technical product leadership at Shopify is a central role that you will bring your technical product craft expertise and people leadership skills to every day. You’ll work with Engineering, UX, and other cross-functional teams to decide what products we build to solve complex merchant problems. Technical Product Leads take a player-coach position to unite all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are curious, passionate, and entrepreneurial. They have founded their own companies, have deep technical expertise, launched successful products, and established a track record of getting things done at scale.
You could be who we are searching for if you have:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Technical Product Lead or Principal/Senior Technical Product Manager at modern tech, consumer-facing app, and/or SaaS companies.
- At least two (2) years of people management experience in a product lead or product manager capacity.
- Been responsible for performance management, have navigated tough conversations with direct reports, and you feel comfortable supporting product managers to achieve their career goals.
- Experience leading the definition, building, and shipping of complex technical products at scale.
- Experience creating long-term product strategy and defining success metrics for your product areas.
- Experience collaborating with and inspiring engineering, data, UX, and other teams to create compelling technical patterns, design systems, and shared features.
- Genuine user empathy and passion for solving their most complex problems with the products you ship.
- Skills to drive ‘build, partner, or acquire’ decisions for your product area.
- Experience providing feedback and inputs in technical and architectural design.
- The ability to distill technical concepts to business users and vice versa.
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done.
- A talent for storytelling. Experience influencing key technical and non-technical stakeholders, driving buy-in for your ideas, and telling exceptional stories around why and what product you are building.
Nice to have:
- Experience with APIs, SDKs, and/or building for developers or developer platforms.
- Computer Science or other technical post-secondary education.
- Coding experience or technical knowledge of coding languages.
- Experience building and shipping products in the ecommerce space.
- Founder or tech start-up experience.
Shopify is growing! This posting will remain published as we hire for multiple teams.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Product Lead, Shopify Fulfillment Network (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead, Shopify Markets (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead, Merchant Experience (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Product Lead, Ecosystem Quality & Trust (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Manager, Shopify Logistics (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Product Lead, Search - SHOP (Remote)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Technical Product Manager (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|
|Senior Technical Product Lead (Remote, North America)||Product Management||Americas|