About the role
At Shopify, our business operations run in the cloud and we have a diverse landscape of SaaS based applications and custom developed applications. As the business grows, we need to scale our operations quickly. Building and constantly evolving the integration of our business systems is an essential part of scaling our business, generating leverage and getting more efficient at operating the business.
As part of the Technology Acceleration team, you will be a key player in shaping our business system landscape - from integration to acceleration. Our team is dedicated to making Business Systems better for everyone at Shopify and by being constant learners about emerging technology.
With an ever-expanding ecosystem of tools used internally, we’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to lead our third-party software lifecycle strategy to make it easier for employees to make great tooling decisions quickly. In this position, you’ll play a key role in establishing this vision while working with several teams to accomplish it. From refining the process of integrating new systems into our environment, to streamlining and automating our access controls and request avenues. We are looking for someone who enjoys keeping up to date on the newest technology and exploring creative ways of using it.
- Leading our end-to-end software lifecycle strategy
- Project-managing new feature builds and enhancements for our internally built third-party software directory
- Streamlining our access management process, using systems such as Okta, Jamf Pro, and G Suite
- Designing technical solutions to improve the data exchange between core business systems to drive user access provisioning and privileged access management
- Driving the adoption of quality guidelines for teams running third-party services
- Analyzing data to help build action items for stakeholder teams such as Security, Legal, and IT
- Working closely with our Security team on projects like Zero Trust
- Seeking out opportunities to automate tasks to increase team efficiency
- Writing end user documentation to support our fast-growing organization
Requirements for the role:
- Managing end-to-end software lifecycle
- Configuring services through single-sign on such as Okta
- Working knowledge of authentication and authorization protocols (SAML, OAuth 2.0, OpenID…)
- Designing access controls and flows for business systems
- Building, testing and scaling automations that improve business processes
- Researching new technologies and deploying them company wide
- Collaborating with several teams and stakeholders
- Organizing tasks based on impact to the users and company
- Familiarity with systems such as Okta, G Suite, and Jamf Pro
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge of Git and Github
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is *thisclose* to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above.
This posting will be closed at noon EST on Friday, January 24th, 2020.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.