About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Yes, you read that right - in this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still hiring. We're definitely open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to join the Engineering Program Management team within Shopify Shipping.
Over the last few years, the Shipping Services team at Shopify has grown dramatically. In addition to existing products like shipping labels, shipping rates, and shipment tracking, the team’s mandate has expanded to include the new Shopify Fulfillment Network, which enables merchants to outsource their order fulfillment to Shopify directly. We’re investing significantly in the future of ecommerce fulfillment, and in the underlying technical systems necessary to take us there.
The program management team within Engineering is responsible for managing the programs and processes across the Shipping team that involve research and development. As a program manager you will be responsible for championing Shipping programs by making sure projects within that program go according to plan, and for getting them back on track when they start to drift. You’ll need to work closely with multiple stakeholders and engineers to drive and deliver the program. You’ll also be directly involved in developing processes to support the portfolio for research and development .
A Day in the Life of a TPM:
- Working with the engineering team to build the high-quality services that power Shopify Shipping.
- Ensuring that the team executes the projects within Shipping programs in an effective manner
- Collaborating with product and engineering leadership to translate the Shipping product goals into a program backlog
- Understanding how multiple projects overlap and complement each other
- Managing work that involves stakeholders from outside the team (external partners and other teams at Shopify)
You’ll need to have:
- Great communication skills. This role requires that you coordinate streams of work across a range of teams and disciplines.
- Experience in agile project management methodologies and practices
- Experience overseeing and running technical programs, from planning to delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to take a high-level roadmap and translate that into the set of discrete technical projects necessary to accomplish it.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders from outside the company on shared initiatives.
- An understanding of what it takes to build scalable and reliable systems.
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Greg and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This posting will close May 29 at noon EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Development Manager - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|RnD Learning Program Specialist||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Mobile Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer, Plus||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Software Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Web Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Marketing UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Director of Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Staff Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Hawaii)||Engineering and Development||Americas, United States|
|Staff Developer - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|