About the role
We’re looking for a creative, passionate technical writer to embed with Shopify’s Trust service line, where you’ll be instrumental in ensuring the success of our compliance programs and privacy tooling, and in helping to raise security awareness at Shopify.
In the Trust service line, our mission is to maintain the trust that merchants have placed in Shopify. This means securing their data, answering their questions, and preserving the reputation of the platform. Trust also protects Shopify’s internal trust batteries, helping make “Default to Open” possible within a publicly traded company. We aim to help people get work done securely, without dictating what they can do.
In this role you will be a member of our Documentation team, but you’ll be directly embedded in the Shopify Trust team. This practice of embedding writers in our technical teams is Shopify’s superpower; it allows us to translate the deep knowledge that our technical experts have into artifacts that are consumable and meet the needs of our audience.
You will be expected to build relationships with SMEs all over Shopify, continuously learn new things, and oversee the documents that power Shopify’s compliance programs - SOC 2, SOX, PCI and many more! You’ll also be expected to be impactful, make great decisions quickly, and take part fully in the life of the Trust team.
You’ll need to have:
- Strong language skills based on past experience in a writing or editorial role.
- A commitment to understanding your audience, which is typically external auditors or internal developers.
- A deep interest in the different ways that people discover and process information.
- High standards, an obsessive eye for detail, and a strong sense of ownership.
- A desire to dig deep and learn topics that are not familiar to you.
You’ll create, update, and improve content that supports the Trust service line, including:
- Documents that outline how our systems, software, and security safeguards function for auditors, Shopify merchants, and internal audiences.
- Internal team documentation.
- System and business process diagrams.
- Project briefs and proposals.
- Merchant-facing and internal-facing security awareness materials.
- Policies, plans, and procedures.
- Other written material required by the team.
You’ll also manage things like:
- Championing knowledge management best practices in the Trust organization.
- Managing system account requests and documentation mini sites.
- Getting to know various SMEs of the content you create.
- Driving your own projects and managing your workload.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Working knowledge of Markdown and/or HTML.
- Working knowledge of Ruby or other scripting languages, and an interest in automation.
- Familiarity with LaTex style sheets.
- Familiarity with any other technologies used by Shopify engineering.
- Familiarity with version control software such as git and GitHub.
This job will work on-site in our 150 Elgin office in Ottawa. We invite those currently working remotely as well as office-based employees to apply.
Closing Date: Friday, 5th December 2019 @ 12pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.