About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1,000,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt the industry.
About the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN)
The Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) is a dispersed network of fulfillment centers, powered by machine learning that takes the pain out of warehousing and fulfillment for our merchants.
About this Role
We are looking for an exceptional someone to be the first hire for our Enablement Team. You’ll be responsible for setting the direction for this team, by fuelling and equipping our Merchant facing talent (Sales, Solutions Engineering, Fulfillment Success Managers, Fulfillment Coordinators) with the critical product and platform knowledge to successfully deliver an exceptional Merchant Experience. We want the person who takes on this role to design the appropriate onboarding tools and learning platforms and then deliver an exceptional training program.
The role needs someone who thinks differently about problems, values systems thinking, and knows how to get shit done. It’s a role tailor made for someone who’s passionate about coaching and developing talent, who has experience in a sales or client facing role and/or enablement, and is used to working in a complex environment, and managing multiple stakeholders both internally and externally to Shopify.
With great growth potential, this role has the potential to expand into a cross-project and general team program manager role over time. It’s a great opportunity to make a huge impact on the growing team!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working within different teams at Shopify (Product, Product Marketing, Merchant Facing, Support etc.) to prioritize, develop and deliver programs to help the SFN Merchant Facing teams to excel.
- Delivering enablement programs and then measuring and communicating the results and business impact
- Managing cross-functional projects from inception to completion, ensuring high quality delivery; formulating projects and project teams to deliver on those enablement recommendations
- Running 1:1 sessions as well as larger programs or workshops on subject matters like platform knowledge, behavioural skills and key processes.
- Driving the onboarding process for new hires into this team
- Identifying, leveraging and managing external vendors for enablement program delivery where appropriate
Requirements for the role:
- Experiences in creating meaningful, applicable learning experiences tailored to specific audiences. Bonus points if it’s in a sales enablement environment.
- Customer-centric mindset
- Experience with cross-functional relationship and stakeholder management
- A demonstrated and obvious passion for coaching and developing talent
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Results driven with a strong bias for action
- Skill at creating efficient learning programs with strong retention.
It’d be great if you had the following mindsets:
- You’re a coach who gets your ultimate satisfaction from seeing others succeed
- You’re a teacher who can design, build and deliver successful programs
- You dig sales and you’re 100% focused on customer satisfaction.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Greg is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
This posting will close Friday November 15 at 12 pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Enterprise Sales Representative - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Sales and Account Management||Ottawa, Toronto|