About the role
At Shopify, we're making commerce better for everyone, everywhere. Merchants all over the world power their businesses with Shopify, and we want to help them succeed.
Everyone needs help from time to time, and we're building the tools and resources to assist merchants no matter their need. Our focused, resourceful team is building tools to help merchants solve their own problems, analyze support data, and get merchants in touch with us.
We're quick and agile, and we play an important role in assisting merchants when they need it most. We build critical tools to improve the merchant support experience. We’re looking for designers to work with our team that’s improving and designing new user experiences for our merchant-facing support tools. As a designer on our team, you have the potential to make an extremely positive impact for our many merchants as they engage with support. Our team are made of people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly, collaborative environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
- You will be playing a key part in determining product development, helping to ensure we’re solving problems in the best way possible.
- You will be building things for the long term, in ways that benefit as many merchants as possible.
- You will leverage the latest technologies to build an unparalleled Support experience.
- You will learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- You will provide design leadership to how our merchant-facing support assets can leverage our content, machine learning and automation to provide a truly personalized and compelling support experience.
- You will help answer the question “How do we make a visit to support meaningful, valuable, and dare I say, enjoyable?”
For this role, you’ll need:
- An understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to how to research user needs, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, interaction design and research).
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research, and more.
- A deep empathy for the user.
- UI abilities shown in a portfolio of projects.
- Experience working in a fast-paced experimental or start-up environment.
- Some industry experience in support is a strong asset.
Click Apply and fill in your information below. Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
|Product Designer - Insights||UX and Design||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|UX Manager, Start||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Research Ops Project Manager||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Designer - Financial Solutions||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|