About the role
At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs around the world to start and grow their businesses. We’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down!
The Themes team focuses on building a collection of online store templates our merchants use to power their storefronts. These templates strive to reflect best practices in usability and have the latest buyer-facing features available from Shopify. Additionally, we address platform-level areas such as web performance and accessibility to make Shopify a great platform for any merchant/developer/agency to build on.
We’re looking for a UX Development Manager to lead a team of UX developers through a large theme-migration project to the next version of our theme editor. You’ll work with designers and developers to define what quality UX looks like for the team, and also be responsible for maintaining that quality while addressing issues of web accessibility in our theme offerings. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring your team and creating opportunities for growth.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven ability to lead and rally a team while also managing performance
- Experience collaborating with designers to prototype and build products
- Knowledge about modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid
- Awareness of web accessibility and empathy for building products for people with different abilities and needs
- A curiosity to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
What you'll work on:
- Lead the UX Developer team in the creation of new theme templates for the Theme Store
- Launch online store template improvements and new features that will be used by thousands of merchants
- Collaborate with the Web Developer Lead on new initiatives, such as a testing framework for theme templates
- Play a critical role in creating experiences that are intuitive for shoppers and emphasize web performance and accessibility
- Work with teams across the company to launch new experiences and improve the platform as a whole
How to Apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Selina looks forward to reading your application.
Closing date: Friday September 20th 2019 at 3pm ET
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.