UX Lead, Marketing Operations
The Marketing Operations team represents a large and exciting opportunity. It’s a fresh incarnation of Marketing, R&D, and Data disciplines that will be collaborating to achieve measurable growth for Shopify. Together they’ll aim to amplify existing campaigns and identify new growth opportunities via Paid, SEO, Email and Content Marketing tactics.
As a UX Lead on the team you’ll be responsible for the overall quality and effectiveness of our online marketing properties. You’ll lead a multidisciplinary team of designers, content strategists, user researchers, and front-end developers to deliver the best possible experience for our users.
UX at Shopify
The UX team at Shopify is obsessed with enabling commerce and entrepreneurship at a global scale. By creating tools and resources that give everyone the chance to succeed, we make commerce better for everyone.
The UX team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for entrepreneurs. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
We've put together a quick showcase of recent projects to help give you an understanding of the types of work the Marketing UX team produces for Shopify. You should also check out ux.shopify.com for a deeper look into the myriad ways in which our UX disciplines have an impact at Shopify.
You'll be expected to:
- Establish a user experience vision for your area and help your team achieve it iteratively.
- Ship exceptionally high UX quality on your projects and establish clear definitions of quality.
- Develop baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (content strategy, research, design, and front-end development) and deep expertise in your team’s problem area.
- Work with the other discipline leads in your area to balance technical, business, and user requirements.
- Help your team grow the soft and hard skills they need to ship better work.
- Work with other UX leads to build a cohesive product and robust design system.
- Anticipate staffing needs on your team and recruit for them.
- Identify people and technical challenges on your team as they arise and solve them.
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary UX teams to deliver high quality projects.
- Deep expertise in one or more of our UX disciplines and you actively collaborate with team members and stakeholders outside your area.
- A holistic, user-focused approach to all your work.
- Passion for solving UX problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of the process.
- Demonstrable experience working on marketing and growth focussed projects.
- Experience directly leading a team, including identifying the right expertise needed, assigning resources, recruiting new members and helping them grow.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch as well as a good understanding of HTML and CSS.
How to apply
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply Now" and include a link to your portfolio/Dribbble/Behance in the links section. Please make out your cover letter to Leah!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.