UX Lead, Payments
As a UX lead, you are responsible for the user experience quality of a Shopify product. You lead a multidisciplinary UX team of product designers, content strategists, user researchers, and front-end developers to deliver the best possible experience for our merchants.
With payments, your team’s goal will be to take complex information and processes, and make them simple and understandable for our users. You will help guide research into how Shopify’s merchants and customers think about, talk about, and interact with the payments-related parts of our platform, and distill that knowledge into actionable insights that drive helpful new features and design solutions for our users.
About UX at Shopify:
The UX team at Shopify is obsessed with enabling commerce at a global scale. We create tools that give everyone the chance to succeed as an entrepreneur. We help developers contribute their own products to our app ecosystem. We make commerce better for everyone.
Our team is made up of over 150+ designers, content strategists, researchers, and front-end developers across 5 offices. The UX team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
We’re always on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly, collaborative environment. If this sounds familiar, we’d love to hear from you.
- Establish a user experience vision for your product and help your team achieve it iteratively
- Ship exceptionally high UX quality on your projects
- Develop baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (content strategy, research, design, and front-end development) and deep expertise in your product’s problem area (payments)
- Work with the product manager and engineering lead on your projects to balance technical, business, and merchant requirements
- Help your team grow the soft and hard skills they need to ship better product
- Work with other UX leads to build a cohesive product and robust design system
- Anticipate staffing needs on your team and recruit for them
- Identify people and technical challenges on your team as they arise and solve them
Skills and experience:
- You have demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary UX teams to deliver high quality projects.
- You have deep expertise in one or more our of UX disciplines (product design, content strategy, user research, or front-end development) and you actively collaborate with team members and stakeholders outside your area.
- You take a holistic, user-focused approach to all your work.
What you’ll get at Shopify:
- A collaborative, creative environment that embraces experimentation and learning
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits like a gym allowance, parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, and catered meals to give you more time for the things you care about most
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career
- A culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the Apply now button to submit your application. Send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.