About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for our customers around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Ecobee, Fashion Nova, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, MVMT and Leesa are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
We’re looking for a UX Manager to join the Shopify Plus Admin team in Waterloo.
Embracing scale and complexity is the key to growth for high-volume businesses. The Admin team at Shopify Plus is aggressively working to create simple platform solutions to meet the needs of some of the fastest growing businesses in the world.
As a UX Manager on the Plus Admin team, you’ll advocate for customer-centric thinking to enable your team to design solutions that embody our brand, elevate our services, and delight our customers. We’re looking for a thoughtful leader and collaborator to champion user experience; someone who listens deeply, works well with teams, and is driven to create amazing product experiences. You’ll be working with a multidisciplinary UX team of product designers, content strategists, user researchers, and front-end developers. We believe in testing, iteration, and giving our people the room to experiment and grow.
What do you bring to the table?
- A proven track record of driving UX strategy, defining the vision and action plans that deliver great user experience
- You’ve hired top talent to build high performing teams including researchers, designers, front-end developers, and content strategists
- Deep knowledge of user-centric design methods of innovation and ideation
- Experience transforming data and insights into predictive and proactive experiences
- You have excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your team’s vision and objectives
- You’ve played a direct role in UX community building and thought leadership both inside your organization and beyond
What will you work on?
- Building new products tools and features, to serve Plus merchants in new ways on the Shopify platform. We know that managing a business at this scale is hard - we need you to help us consider the breadth and depth of these challenges and provide simple, scalable experiences.
- Shaping how our product teams, including UX, engineering and product management collaborate to produce a world-class offering.
- Relationship building with UX leadership across Shopify. While we have the freedom to define our own process, it’s essential to be a partner, advocate and challenger at the leadership table to best support the needs of the Plus merchants.
- Providing technical and strategic UX direction on your project. You’ll work with your project team members to help them understand what they’re building towards and why.
- Developing and shipping with speed and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today while setting the vision for tomorrow.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Please note that we will be accepting applications for this role until 5pm on Friday September 20th.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Market Researcher||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|Product Designer - Localization||UX and Design||Waterloo, Montreal|
|Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Product Content Strategist - Shopify Plus||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|
|Product Content Strategist - Shopify Plus||UX and Design||Waterloo, Canada|