About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and offline. With 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
As we grow our UX team, we’re looking for a marketing user experience leader to help us take on the next set of challenges. Somebody capable of building opinions by defining goals, direction and strategy, but also comfortable getting into the weeds and working directly with their team. At Shopify, leaders sketch, too. They thrive on change and operate on trust, leveraging the diverse perspectives of the people on their team in everything they do. We’re fascinated by how you think, how you break down problems and come up with solutions. We look for those who are curious, never satisfied and always seek to do better and make better. Those who want to deeply understand why people do things.
- Providing technical and strategic UX direction on marketing efforts. You’ll establish a user experience vision, and help your team to achieve it iteratively.
- Ensuring that your team ships exceptionally high UX quality on your projects.
- Developing baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (content strategy, design, research, and front-end development) and deep expertise in the financial solutions space.
- Working closely with the Product Manager and Engineering Manager on your projects to balance technical, business, and merchant requirements.
- Helping your team grow the soft and hard skills they need to ship better experiences.
- Working with other UX Managers to build a cohesive product experience and contribute to a robust design system.
- Anticipating hiring needs on your team and helping to recruit for them.
- You’ve led a team in a multidisciplinary environment, including design, research, front-end development, and content strategy.
- You live at the intersection of marketing and user experience, and understand how to take users on a complete journey from discovery to adoption and success.
- You understand that leadership is a craft, and know how to mentor your team members to help them grow and succeed.
- You love solving complex problems with simple design solutions.
- You like to collaborate with product management and engineering to balance the right decisions for the product with the right decisions for the users.
- You provide teams with long term vision and strategy but don’t mind doing the work yourself when the situation arises.
This posting will close on Friday, May 22nd, 2020 at 5 PM EST.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|UX Manager, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Marketing Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Director, Online Store Tools||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff UX Researcher, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Marketing Design Manager||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff Product Designer, Shop Pay||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Content Strategist||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Designer, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Design Manager, Shop||UX and Design||Americas|