About the role
Shopify is seeking a UX Producer to join a multi-disciplinary team composed of designers, content designers, developers, and marketers, focused on the execution of holistic user experiences for a variety of surfaces and audiences.
Equal parts leader and contributor, you’ll rely on your collaborative and logistical superpowers and activate your deep technical skill in creative production to bring marketing concepts to life.
This role is multi-disciplinary by nature. You have advanced production management skills, and the ability to produce stories regardless of medium. You are capable of taking a concept and understanding how to bring it to life, regardless of medium. Your understanding of the creative and production process is paramount. Using your knowledge of design, content design, front end development and creative production, you are eager to plan and bring the most compelling and best possible experiences to new and existing audiences across many channels and platforms.
You live at the intersection of marketing and user experience, and understand how to oversee the production of assets that contribute to a complete user journey. Your primary focus will be on managing the production of high-performing concepts and content— from concept to execution—that will be distributed on any and every channel and medium.
UX Producers are an integral part of evolving and defining how we represent Shopify to the world. Your work will reach millions of people each month -- a tough, but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
- Participate in and lead the production management of marketing campaigns, regardless of medium (experiential, web, video, mobile, out-of-home etc.)
- Oversee and work on projects and productions from ideation to execution while participating in various UX initiatives including design sprints, content mapping, sketching, wireframing and stakeholder reviews.
- Owning the creation and management of schedules and all resource management (internal and external)
- Handle all budget management including POs, contracts, expenses and tracking.
- Owning all communication and constantly communicating with all team members and acting as the central source of truth throughout the project
- Work on the planning, producing and implementation of projects that support the marketing function
- Define tooling, resources, and processes that help everyone on the team work more effectively
- Stay current with paid marketing platforms, potential placements, best practices, and emerging trends
- Be a constant learner, experiment, use tools like data, and audience segmentation to continually improve your creative approach
- Be a thoughtful and deliberate communicator to provide context, manage expectations and set objectives, ie. give and receive feedback openly and honestly
- Provide craft leadership via mentoring, participating in craft and discipline rituals
- Travel as necessary (and sometimes globally) for production
- You crave the idea of living at the center of all context for a project, so that you are armed with the data to make changes that affect schedule, budget and the creative outcome
- Exceptional communication skills, in both written, face-to-face, and remote environments
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with experience setting and managing a variety of stakeholder expectations and relationships, with an ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of people
- Experience working on interdisciplinary project teams that include SEO, brand, product marketing, paid, social, and more, with an understanding of the strategies and KPIs that typically matter to them.
- Experience producing and structuring content in order to change perception, shift mindsets, build habit loops, and nudge behaviours
- Experience producing content for user-centred and UX contexts, such as for user interfaces
- Self-motivated with a growth mindset
- Ability to keep pace in a rapidly changing environment, always thriving on change, and adapting to the latest technology and media channel best practices while constantly learning and improving.
- Deep empathy for Shopify audiences and users, and a desire to learn as much as possible about how they use Shopify on every platform
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This opening will expire on 5/17 at 12am EST.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Marketing Content Designer (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Visual/Brand Designer (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Designer (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Search & Discovery (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Content Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||United States|
|Staff Content Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||United States|
|Staff Product Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Director, Core (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Designer, Retail (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|