UX Researcher, Shopify Plus
Shopify's mission since 2006 has been to Make Commerce Better For Everyone!
Since 2014, this mission grew to include solving increasingly complex problems around e-commerce and driving massive disruption in the enterprise e-commerce space. We give customers the power and capabilities they need to grow and succeed without the headaches, costs, lengthy timelines and general *BS* of the traditional enterprise options. We believe that it's not just the entrepreneurs who should love their commerce platform, but large merchants too! So far, we've made e-commerce simpler for companies like Tesla, Redbull, GE, L'Oreal, and Subway, and celebrities like Kylie Jenner, Ellen Degeneres, and Kanye West.
A regular winner of Glassdoor's #1 Best Place to Work in Canada, and the host of one of the largest competitions in the world for entrepreneurs, Shopify is in hyper-growth mode and that's where you come in!
The Shopify Plus team is looking for an experienced UX Researcher with a curiosity for understanding people, and a passion for using insights to shape product and experience design. At Shopify Plus, your work will impact more than 200,000 businesses on our platform.
What do you bring to the table?
- Hands-on experience doing end-to-end UX research for software products, including research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarizing, and presenting
- A strong aptitude for applying behavioural psychology to design
- Combined quantitative data and qualitative research skills to round out insights
- Solid experience in using research to guide business strategy and product roadmaps
- Experience applying a range of research methods with a creative and rigorous attitude towards research
- A love for asking questions, seeking answers, and working with others to solve difficult design problems
- A soft spot for the end user, advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do
- Adaptability and resilience. You’ll have to adjust quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities and you’ll prioritize simultaneous deadlines across multiple teams
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with everyone at Shopify Plus to act in our merchants’ best interests
What will you get to do?
- Build and grow the UX practice in our Waterloo office, and advocating for our merchants every chance you get
- Inform Shopify Plus' product roadmap decisions
- Collaborate with our Content Strategists to guide content for our product interfaces
- Work alongside Designers and Product Managers to shape the user experience based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback
- Empower everyone at Shopify Plus to think about the user when working on their craft through training, learning resources, and support
- Contribute to the execution of the greater research plan by owning execution of user interviews, usability tests, creating script skeletons, summarizing research findings and sharing them with the team, and so much more
Some of the AWESOME Shopifolk you'll get to work with:
How can you apply?
- Submit your resume along with a brief snippet about why you LOVE being a UX Researcher!
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.