VR Technical Lead 🕹
We’re looking for an experienced game programmer to lead the development of technology powering our VR team. This position involves a wide variety of tasks from integrating cutting edge hardware, improving asset workflows, and rapidly prototyping and developing engaging commerce VR/AR experiences and best-practices. To learn more about what this team is up to, check out the Shopify VR blog.
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience in game development using C/C++
- AAA game engine experience (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, CryEngine, Anvil, etc)
- Strong 3D math skills
- Low-level C/C++ knowledge: threading, memory management, etc.
- Experience in performance optimization/debugging
- Familiarity with the asset pipeline (file format import, conversion, etc.)
- Working knowledge of core game engine systems like audio, graphics, networking, physics, etc
- Experience integrating hardware and rapidly evolving SDKs from vendors into existing codebases.
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience working with VR headsets like the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.
- An enthusiasm to experiment with emerging trends in hardware/software (e.g. novel input devices, rendering techniques or even topics from machine learning) to push the boundaries of our capabilities.
What you could be working on:
- Developing many VR/AR prototypes and experiments within a small and agile team.
- Solving the integration and technical challenges for how VR works in commerce.
- Defining best practices and techniques in a new industry.
- Playing around with all the latest VR/AR toys.
How to Apply📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of VR and commerce, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Daniel.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.